2018 Closet Happenings

While every other person I know is watching Marie Kondo Tidying up on Netflix, I have my own method. I edit all the time. I cannot take a bag and "be grateful" and just fill it up. Every single thing that needs to be reviewed was acquired for a reason and it cost me hard earned money. I must take my time. 

Anyhow, for the last couple of years I have been documenting my additions and editions to the closet. 

In terms of 2018 closet edition goals,  was to get rid of at least 180 items. I fell short by 12 items, below is detail.


When it comes to new items in the closet, that is another story. This year my budget had been set at 1,400.00 USD, but I spent 1,953.51 USD, meaning I went over by 446.49 USD. Gulp.


Below are previous years, in case you are curious.

2011 spent 1,994.00
2012  spent 1,725.00
2013 spent 1,860.00
2014 - 610.00 over budget,
2015 spent 2,791.00 
2016 under 2,000.00 
2017 spent 941.00. 

What's going on in your closet?

4 comments

Sheila said...

I also edit constantly, but I don't record it. I don't need to justify how much I spend or make myself feel guilty about spending the $ (or giving things away after I spent the $).

Hey, you got money back for selling some of your stuff - you profited! So you should deduct that from your spend total! Recalculate!

E said...

This is super interesting! I've been trying to cull my closet down in the past year and I wish I'd kept track of everything I got rid of. Still more to go! :-)

District of Chic

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I have no idea what I spend. I buy what I want. I know what I can spend!

minimalissmo blog modowy said...

Wow, I love this kind of closet edits!!! I have my own, private, but all the time (till beginning of the blogging). I am surprised that You spent only 2K$ in last year. I may tell You, that my edit is similar :) (a little smaller in total). (...) 27 Dresses? Like the movie title :D