Tangerine pick

Green gingham pijama or dress Ralph Lauren, similar here - Brown Crocodile leather H flats, similar - Straw hat from Cuba
 

I am the first to say that you use items according to your needs. If you follow labels, where does that leave your creativity? For example if you think that a vase fulfils your need of a pitcher, then use it as one. If you want to use your rain boots as a vase, then do so.  
With this in mind I have worn this gingham garment as a dress and pijamas. I don't know what it is. So I wore it during the day as a dress after a fun morning at the beach and then slept init. I wore the garment for what I needed, here to pick tangerines.
If you limit yourself to what the garment was originally intended to be, you do not give yourself room to explore and to get more out of that garment.  If you don't believe me, see how I wore a vintage embroidered satin night gown and landed a seat a few rows behind the first lady ;) 


12 comments

Oh to Be a Muse said...

Using items in different ways than they're intended -- that's what creativity is all about!

Laura B said...

I love thinking outside the box for using and wearing things! That dress is lovely!

Straight A Style said...

Love the encouragement to get creative!

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Beauty Unearthly said...

Interesting post dear! thanks for sharing xx

Mica said...

Oh I love the shirt dress! I'm with you on wearing clothes differently. Although I do tend to change into PJs before I go to bed I have had a couple of naps in clothes, haha! :) I like to try wear dresses as tops and things like that, to get a little more wear from my wardrobe. If this unbuttons all the way too (looks like it does) you could wear it as a vest as well! :)


Hope you are having a lovely weekend :) Another quiet one here as the long awaited cooler weather brought a ton of rain with it, ha!

Away From The Blue Blog

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

You look so refreshed and happy! I'm crazy about your hat!
and tangerines.. I envy you in a good way

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

backinstyle said...

Seems like the perfect cool and comfortable choice for picking tangerines. What a fun outing, and the fruit looks delicious! A big hug and a pat to the cute pooches, too-I love dogs!

Gemma said...

Such nice pictures! You look lovely :)

Have a Happy Monday!

Gemma x
www.jacquardflower.uk

E said...

The straw hat and shirtdress go so well together!

District of Chic

Lydia said...

it's an adorable dress either way, and I always love that you don't allow the imagined confines of a piece to limit how you wear it.

Natalie S said...

You took very literal the phrase "from day to night" lol but I agree with you! That is the only way to truly have a versatile closet!

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

You make a good point. We should wear clothes as they are intended to and not. You look warm and Summery in this outfit. Love the hat.