A colourful farewell

Missoni for Target sweater - Black trousers Mossimo, similar, similar - Light blue bow flats Gio Zanotti, similar color here 
Brown tote bag Coach - Pink scallop collar sleeveless shirt Forever 21, similar - Green brooch 



Many of us are drawn to designer pieces. Sometimes we're drawn to the design itself even before we know its a "designer item". Other times we like the design because such and such made it, as an example is this Missoni for Target sweater. Sure it was for Target, but I still liked it and went for it. I've worn it with shorts, skirtwhite trousers and after these wears the feel is always the same: sleeves are super long, slim and itchy, the v neckline does not sit well and needs constant tugging. I did a final wear today and put a lot of effort in it, however the verdict is the same: it's not working for me. Can't blame me for trying.

Linking up to E&MOh, Hey Girl ! 
Similar items here:



7 comments

Courtney Erin said...

Kudos to you for trying to make it work - I feel like I would have thrown in the towel much earlier because life's definitely too short for wearing things that just aren't working for you!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Lyddiegal said...

I've fallen victim to label love, even the diffusion lines, just that desire to have a little piece of a designer you adore... but sometimes you have to make sure the piece works for your body and your life.
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

Beauty Unearthly said...

You look super cute and comfy!

Sheila said...

I have to agree - it's cool in concept but if you have to work that hard to style it, then let it go! I am sometimes sucked in by a name, but I know that there is a lot of cheap crap with "a name" just slapped on it.

Love the pale blue shoes with the bows! Eee!

Mica T said...

Love all the colours in this outfit with the pink shirt, fun knit and cute shoes! :)

I agree with you though, if it's uncomfortable to wear it's best to let it go, despite how much you tried to make it work. I'm finding myself a lot more ruthless with clothes and shoes now, if it's even a little annoying to wear it's usually gone very quickly as I don't have time for it!

Hope you are having a great week and had a nice Easter.

Away From The Blue Blog

Jacquard Flower said...

Great outfit! I really love your sweater.

Gemma x
www.jacquardflower.uk

Rosy Ferry said...

Ah it's such a shame that the sweater is too itchy and you don't like the V shape, it's such a pretty colour but if it isn't comfy, it isn't any good.

Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
My Instagram | Instagram