Collaborations

We have all been captivated by them: 
designer collaborations. I know I have.
However in my case, I have never been 
able to get one I wanted. 
White trousers Red Valentino - Printed sweater Missoni for Target
One of these was Missoni for Target.
I stayed up trying to shop on line. 
In a blink of an eye it was all gone.
Tried to make myself feel better by saying 
"I don't need a collaboration from Target, 
I already own real Missoni " 
but it was not enough.
Black sandals Giuseppe Zanotti - Andy bag Carolina Herrera
I then refused to buy at reseller prizes on ebay.
Years later, we meet at the consignment 
store: this Missoni for Target sweater.
Somethings are meant to be.

Its just the timing. 

11 comments

Shybiker said...

Very pretty. I understand refusing to buy at overpriced retail prices. I don't mind waiting until clothes filter down to thrift-stores. You look good in this.

Unknown said...

Loving the look! The white pants look great on you.
Kisses, Raysa

Natalie S said...

Loved the look! I understand your pain. A lot of those collaborations are great but they are gone so fast and resellers prices are a no no

Mica said...

Missoni for Target is the only Missoni I have, haha! But the range didn't sell out here so it was easy to shop.

Finding something from a sold out range in a thrift shop in your size is pretty awesome!

Away From The Blue Blog

L.E.N K said...

wow! Perfect top...!!
XX
http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

A Very Sweet Blog said...

HaHaHa Lorena! I remember those! The top looks great on you!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Izabela said...

What a great look. That top is so pretty.

www.mydailywear.co.uk

Unknown said...

so cool you got that piece later :)))
http://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude
http://lovelyattitude.com

Oh to Be a Muse said...

That's actually probably the best way to do it. If you try to shop it at the store (or online) when it comes out then it's kind of ridiculous. And the prices on eBay are baffling. So just wait until "no one cares about it" anymore and get it for a price that makes sense. :)

New Swim Post: http://www.ohtobeamuse.com/2016/06/swim-styles-with-kingdom-state.html

minimalissmo blog modowy said...

I dont buy anything in retail price. I am not so determined. In fact I dont need anything.
Nice look, sweater is fine and fit white pants. I like white pants, I dont know why so many girls dont like.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Patience is its own reward, as the age old saying goes, and goodness was it ever in the case. Congratulations on scoring a piece that you'd long hoped to find, sweet Lorena. It looks awesome on you!

xoxo ♥ Jessica