Frida

Channeling Frida Kahlo on this Halloween.


I went to work like this :)


Someone in the elevator at work asked me what country I was from...
apparently this lady thought I was wearing the clothes from "my country".
So I had to explain to her the whole 
"It's Halloween and I am Frida Kahlo" thing.





I am sure the kids who knocked on my door trick or treating 
had no idea who I was.



I took clothes that were hanging in my closet
and that are part of my wardrobe to put this together.

  Mexican shirt - Club Monaco black skirt - H&M flats - H&M black belt 

It was quite easy, just googled her name and a million pictures came up.


And I loved the results.

10 comments

Biba said...

Amazing. I'd know if I met you!

drollgirl said...

frida! i love love love love frida!

and you look fabulous!

i am wanting all of your rings!!!! i'll take those fabulous earrings, too!!!!

drollgirl said...

p.s. i drove all the way to san francisco once just to see a frida kahlo exhibition at sfmoma. it was so worth it. her works are incredible. just amazing. i hope you get to see some of them in person some day!!!!

Shybiker said...

Wow! What a great costume! As an art-lover, I recognized you immediately. Frida was such a talented painter. You capture her look.

I hope you don't mind but I'm adding you to my party post. This costume is too good not to share!

Megan G said...

I knew who you were dressed as! I think it's a perfect inspirational costume that's still wearable for everyday.

Lisa said...

Lorena...how perfect! I love your Frieda Khalo look!

Mica said...

Such a great costume! Perfect for work too :)

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Lorena, this was PERFECT! You styled her perfectly girl. HAHAHAH You get and A+ for originality.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Perfection!

*Erin

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

WOW YOU ARE CREATIVE!! I knew who you were right away. I love love the earrings and all those fantastic & colorful Cocktail rings. Where are those from?