Shaken

I am a little shook up.
Today was a good day, eye opening and real.

Voyou Jeans - Black TommyHilfiger polo - Miz Mooz red flats
We have a young woman who is comes in once
a week on Saturdays to clean our apartment.
She is hard working, has a good character, is responsible and honest.
While preparing her something to eat I usually chat with her a little.
She told me a while back that she had 3 girls, all in school.
I am aware that she makes a huge effort to keep them there.
So, I told her a while back that I would like to see their
grades when the report cards came in.
Report cards came in and they are having a hard time, all in the C range.
I decided to try and give them a little motivation and all 4 of us went out today.
We did not do anything extraordinary.
It was so eye opening to see effort this woman
is making on raising these three girls.
She does cannot spend a lot of time with them because she
has several jobs to make ends get close - not even meet.
When we started talking on the possible things we could do
after the next report card came in, what came up were
things that all kids take for granted - this I know from my friends' kids.
Going to the pool.
Going to the movies.
Having a sleepover, watch a movie and have popcorn.
Going to the park.

I was just grateful to be able to spend the day with these
3 girls. I am thankful for them and I just hope they enjoyed the day too.




8 comments

Jenava said...

It is very good that you are taking some interest in their grades. Our position in life comes from where we start. I'm sure that even taking an active interest in their grades will help them improve!

Biba said...

You're a kind woman. It's a beautiful photo, of you & the little girl. We take too many things for granted, don't we?

Judy C said...

I think all children and adults need something to look forward to. All of us.

Bombshellicious said...

You are such a kind person Lorena it made me go all teary eyed when Ihad read what you had done. I am sure they all appreciated the day so much and hopefully their grades will improve so that they can have a brighter future ahead of them xx

Shybiker said...

That's really nice of you to open your heart to these children. Every child deserves the basic requirements for growing up and it's sad beyond belief when they don't get it. We should all, to the extent we can, look out for kids, even those who are strangers to us. I applaud you!

Stacey said...

You are making good memories for these little ones. Hugs to you!!

Melanie said...

What a beautifully sweet picture!! We do take so many things for granted, don't we? It is wonderful that you are taking an interest in these children. You may never realize what an impact you may make on them. You are a beautiful woman, inside and out!

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Lorena, you are so kind to give of yourself. We all can do a little more today. Like Shybiker wrote, every child deserves good things!