Closet Edit : Boring Wear...

As I continue my shopping ban I have been wearing new items that had the tags on and others I seldom wear.
I have made it a "goal" to empty that closet where I keep new items and unworn, so I have been sporting things that have not seen the light in months.
Below are some of these and you know what ? they are boring !
So as you read this, they have been washed and packed and probably on their way to a better home...
One of the things that I notice out of this set, is that these items were either a bargain at time of purchase OR they were gifts.
The items that left are ill fitting - bra strap popping out, uncomfortably showing too much cleavage, too tight, too loose, fabric too thin, plain unflattering.
I had been delaying getting rid of these pieces I have no reason why as they were not working for me.
I want clothes that I look good in, period.
This shopping ban is helping me in more ways than I thought and so is this blog.
I can look back and see what works, what doesn't and keep track of it all...
How do you chose what to keep and what to give ?
Brown, red, turquoise top - GONE     Light turquoise Lacoste polo - GONE
Yellow tube top - GONE          Green, yellow and white top  - GONE
Brown Bongo top - GONE    Brown and pink top Aeropostale- GONE


Green top - GONE            Rose Top and Bolero wrap - GONE 

7 comments

Brittany D'Lynne said...

About a year ago, I totally cleaned out my closet. Now, prior to that time, I had "cleaned" my closet, but this time I did a complete overhaul. I stuck with the motto: IF I DON'T LOVE IT, GET RID OF IT. I thought I would regret the decisions I made, but on almost all my choices I haven't thought twice about them. Because really, if you don't love it, why have it?

Elaine said...

I think it's great that you're purging your closet! If it doesn't make you feel good, then it should go!!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I have to be inspired to clear my closet and it doesn't happen too often.

ana said...

you are so right! sometimes we need to clean up the closet... I have clothes that I haven't wear in 2 years... I don't know why I still keep them ;(

nurmisur said...

If you didn't wear it, even if it fits is probably because you don't feel good in them so they are not worth keeping.
It feels good to clean up the closet and assesing what we really need.

Sheila said...

I found much the same effect from my shopping ban last year and the "one in, one out" rule. All of a sudden I was seeing my closet as functional - and why was I keeping all this stuff I didn't even wear (or even like, in some cases)??

Good for you, for purging!

Kristen said...

Aww, I'm sorry you got rid of the red-and-brown top, I loved that one! What wasn't working for you with it?

But yes, it is empowering to get rid of pieces that aren't working for whatever reason. There's no reason we should contort ourselves to wear items we don't love!