Garnet cluster

Black wide leg trousers Metro Style, similar under 12.00 USD 
Burgundy vintage hand made bow shirt, love this affordable vintage like option 
Vintage garnet brooch, very similar options here and here
Black Gucci horsebit peep toe heels, similar

You've seen this garnet brooch before, it was part of several vintage pieces I received from my great aunt. 

It was missing a garnet stone on the bottom part, while I could have lived with it, I really cannot. Every time I grabbed it I thought "its missing a stone, if I notice, everyone else does too".

I am the person who looks at an amazing post, with the best location and styling, most marvellous and well fitting garments but see a bra strap peek or a vintage Chanel brooch that is missing a pearl. I have written about this before, as I have yet to define if it's a blessing or a burden.

So I took the brooch half way around the world for repair and I found a local jeweller who found just the right stone to set and fill that empty space.

It's so perfect that I can't even tell which one it was..
.
.
.
Han visto este prendedor antes, es parte de un grupo de piezas vintage que me regaló mi tía abuela. 
Le hacía falta un granate en la parte de abajo, pude haberlo dejado así, pero realmente no. Cada vez que lo veía pensaba "le hace falta un granate, si yo me do cuenta, los demás también".

Soy de las personas que miran un post maravilloso, con la mejor locación y estilismo, las prendas mas hermosas y con entalle perfecto. Al segundo detecto que se ve la tira del brassiere o que al broche vintage Chanel le hace falta una perla. Ya he escrito sobre este tema antes, aún no he determinado si es una bendición ó una carga. 

Después de llevar el prendedor alrededor del mundo para que lo repararan, encontré un joyero local, quien encontró un granate del tamaño exacto.

Es tan perfecto que ni sé cuál fue...


2 comments

Mica said...

Oh the brooch is beautiful with your top - I can't see which stone was repaired either, looks like it was worth the hassle to get it fixed!

Hope you've been having a nice week and have a great weekend ahead of you :)

Away From The Blue Blog

Sheila said...

That is a beautiful brooch, and I love the wide-legged trousers. Not a huge fan of the cut of the blouse, although the colour is luscious.