Best find 2018


I usually wait until it's almost the end of the year to share with you my best consignment shop finds. However even though its only mid year, I honestly do not think any other item I find will beat this, we'll see.

A few months ago I was at a consignment shop getting ready to pay for this skirt when I notice an off white little bag right next to the cashier. I touch it and stop. It was leather, but not any leather, it must be lambskin, I thought because it was extremely soft. I pick it up and see the crushed leather camelia. I open the bag I read the label. I close the bag, look at it again from the outside and smell it. I open it again and look for the serial number and voilá, there is it was. After some research the bag dates to 2003-2004, not vintage yet.

I asked the cashier, who knows every single consignor, "Do you know if this is original?" She answers "I think it is, that lady has been bringing in some really nice things, she is also the owner of that skirt you are buying". Without knowing, I took home two of her items: the bag and the skirt. 

And that folks, is the story of how I got this amazing Chanel little bag which I've seen go for about 750 € on line oh and here is a black and larger version of it.

How much do you think I paid? I will reply to each of your comments telling you how much I paid for it ;) 

Linking toConfident Twosday

10 comments

Laura B said...

That bag is amazing! I can't believe you found a Chanel bag at a consignment shop! I'd love to know how much you paid! I would guess maybe 200 euros?

Sheila said...

Wow, I'm impressed, Lorena. Like you, I'd be immediately skeptical of a fake (I was looking really closely at your pictures, until I saw the hologram). I bet you paid about $50 US for it, you bargain-hunter you!

Wish me luck - I'm going to a vintage fair tonight after work. Last time I went to this fair, I bought my solid copper belt for $40!

Mica said...

It is a beautiful bag! GIven that the owner of the store wasn't too fussed about it I'm guessing you got it for a bargain price :)



Away From The Blue Blog

PhotosbyCris Travel Fashion Lifestyle said...

Well done I found online a pair of manolo shoes and paid $35 for it genuine I could not believe. Love the bag xoxo
https://photosbycris.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-world-of-vintage-shades.html

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

What a fabulous find, Lorena!!
No fair not telling us right away what you paid. But I will guess $35.
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Dressed With Soul said...

Oh, the bag is wonderful! I think as you are a really good purchaser you paid 50 $.
xx Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Ruth said...

Oh I am jealous. That is a dream bag and an actual dream of mine to find a little gem like this. I'm guessing you paid 50$ for it?

http://www.mylittlenest.org

Beauty Unearthly said...

Love the bag! Have a great week! xx

Lydia said...

Such a great find! Im going to guess $20.

Natalie S said...

Completely agree! This was the BEST find of this year.