Men's Vintage

Black trousers Mossimo - Black tee shirt Theory, identical here - Black tote bag Roberto Cavalli

Nude patent heels Flexi, similar 

Men's vintage houndstooth blazer made by Riba Style in Spain, similar here, here and this one under 5.00 USD 
Gold tone and pearl bar brooch / pin, other bar pin options here, here 

Its not a surprise that I like and embrace trends, however I choose carefully. I don't jump in immediately, it takes me sometime to digest them. I think and overthink its use in my closet. I fear I will see other people wear the exact same garment, also how many times will I wear it ? Will I get a good CPW ? Yeah, that's me. 
Well this time around I've been eyeing the houndstooth blazer look. Happens every other store had great pieces but even though I liked them I wanted mine to be unique and that's when I turned to the men's department. I figured I could pull off a blazer made for a small man and that my odds of someone wearing it would be down to zero. So I ventured into the men's vintage department and found my very own. It's an impeccable brown printed houndstooth, fully lined, made in Spain - what else could I ask for ? A good price, well, I got that too, although it was not as cheap as this one !  Do you already own a houndstooth blazer?
.
.
.
Me gustan las tendencias, pero escojo cuál llevar cuidadosamente. Me tomo mi tiempo y considero su uso, cuánto la usaré, su costo por uso y si me encontraré en la calle con alguien llevando exactamente la misma prenda. Esa soy yo. 
Bueno, tengo ya tiempo de tenerle el ojo puesto a un blazer de pata de gallo. Una de cada dos tiendas a las que he entrado tienen blazers con este diseño, pero quería que el mío fuera único y fue allí donde decidí que lo buscaría en el departamento de caballeros. Me hacía sentido buscar un blazer hecho para un hombre pequeño y así evitar encontrar a otra persona con el mismo saco. Y lo encontré: tonos marrón oscuro, cruzado, impecable, forrado, vintage y hecho en España! Y a un súper precio, aunque no tan barato como este. Y tú, ya tienes tu blazer con print de pata de gallo ? 


10 comments

Shea Lennon said...

I love that blazer on you! What a smart idea to branch out and shop the men's department--such a good way to get the slightly oversized look that is spot-on right now.

Oh to Be a Muse said...

I actually do own a houndstooth piece in my closet, but I really love your blazer. The color and fit are fabulous on you.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

That outfit is awesome and I LOVE that jacket Lorena! Gorgeous brooch as well.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Straight A Style said...

Love the blazer! Your thoughtfulness paid off!

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Sheila said...

I love the cut of menswear on a woman. It's just perfect. This colour/pattern of plaid/tweed doesn't ring my bell, but it's really a great jacket on you.

Mica said...

This blazer looks wonderful on you too! :) It's nice to have one of a kind pieces when you shop vintage stores! :)


Hope you are having a nice start to the week, and you got some bargains in the sales. I ended up grabbing a little something on Cyber Monday after resisting temptation all weekend, haha!

Away From The Blue Blog

backinstyle said...

You rock this look, Lorena! It's a great idea to explore the men's department to put together a style all your own.

Natalie S said...

Love love love the blazer! Treasures will sometimes be found in unexpected places (usually a vintage store!)

Adriele said...

Love this take on menswear!!!!

I would love for you to join our linkup on Monday!

-Adriele
StyleAssisted.com

minimalissmo blog modowy said...

Lorena, You know that I love houndstooth blazers, I have a few from mym mom's closet, and mine too. I love them, they are timeless and fit great with different trendy adds. Last month I looked for some new houndstooth blazer in internet shops and I was surprised, that there is no any! I cant believe but it is true. Ok, young womens maybe dont like houndstooth but 40-60 womens too? There is no demand! The way is second hand shops :( Anyway, Your is nice, but a little to long. Overally this outfit is very good.