Why I wear my tops backwards


Black cardigan INC International Concepts - Leopard print top Da Moda, similar  - Jeans Liz Claiborne -
Cap toe flats Zara, similar - Black vintage bag Croft & Barrow - Brown sunglasses Michael Kors, similar 

If there is one thing I like to do is wear my tops on backwards. 

I've done this with tops and dresses several times in the past. 

Most of the times I have done this because:

  • Neckline is too low, as in too revealing for the occasion as in to work, example here 
  • Want to use it as a backdrop for layering a necklace, like here 
  • Looking for a more relaxed look, Instead of buttoning up the back, just wear unbuttoned to the front,  did it here 
  • Max my looks when traveling, wear it in the morning to as a layering piece and then in a more formal way for the evening like I did here , showcasing a brooch.
  • Maximises my overall wardrobe !
Have you worn your top backwards intentionally and if so why ?
Linking up to E&M Straight A Style

8 comments

Beauty Unearthly said...

You look super cute and comfy!

LyddieGal said...

I have one dress that has a scoop neck in the front and a v in the back and I like that I can switch things up, but I rarely venture past the obvious and get as creative as you have!
Chic on the Cheap

Amy Aed said...

These are such good points. I once went to Paris and the friend who I went with wore her dress backwards because it made the neckline a lot prettier. I think it's so important to experiment!

Amy;
Little Moon Elephant

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

My mom does this all the time---it's brilliant!!
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Mica said...

I had one grey tee that had different necklines so I wore it backwards a few times, but I'm really not as adventurous as I could be with it! I like it as a solution for a neckline that's too low :)

Away From The Blue Blog

Natalie S said...

I have never done this. Is something I say I would try but never get to do it. The option you did for work with the green top is making me rethink it. Its something that will even look good at night time.

Virginia said...

Huh! That's a great idea! You're right...that would add versatility to my wardrobe. Plus, I'm always whining about how low cut some tops are for work. I will have to remember to see how they look flipped around! Thanks!

Virginia
More to Mrs. E

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

I haven't done it to a lot of tops but to some. I may have done it to a dress or two also. I just recently bought a romper which I think would look great front or backwards, too.