Replace ?

Blue Klein trousers Forever 21 - Green blouse - Burgundy flats French Soles -
Grey bag vintage Salvatore Ferragamo - Brown sunglasses Tommy Hilfiger 
Last week I did several posts on shoes I was getting rid of because of various reasons. Most of you commented how I would need to buy "a replacement". However the more I thought about the idea, the more I realised it was not what I wanted or needed. I just wanted to make space on my shoe shelves for the other shoes I've got boxed up and that I wear even less because I don't see them and therefore forget about :(  
Also, the idea of replacing a pair of grey flats with yet another pair of grey flats sounded boring. But, if I did replace a pair of shoes I'd do it with something totally different, thus allowing me to create new looks... What's your take ? Replace or recycle what's already in the closet ?  

Shop the Look:



7 comments

Sheila said...

There are a few of what I consider basics in my closet that I will replace when they wear out: black to-the-knee boots, black dressy flats, black pumps, red pumps, a neutral sandal (for summer). I guess if I were a minimalist, that's all I'd have! Most of the time, I find my tastes change over the years, and when I get tired of a pair of shoes, it's time for them to go. I almost always will just rotate in another pair of shoes (new or not) in their place. A grey shoe can be handy, but doesn't have to be boring! I will keep an eye out for the specific thing that I liked (maybe the colour, the heel height, or a walkable shoe), and then when I see it, I'll buy it. It's not urgent to replace it, though.

Sheila said...

Oh, and jeez, I'm so rude - this is an awesome outfit, Lorena! I love all the colours - very nice combo.

Rina Samantha said...

Love the color blocking you've accomplished with this look!

xoxo Rina
http://www.andshedressed.com

Dressed With Soul said...

I like the colour combination here! Replacement is a difficult topic and honestly I learned to avoid this. I replace only my true classics like black denims but in the context of shoes I try to be open for new things :) Therefore I really can understand your thoughts!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Mica said...

I really like the green and blue together! :) Can't believe I've only recently started wearing that combination in the past year or so, it's a good one and it looks lovely here.

I guess if I replace something in my wardrobe it comes down to why I got rid of it in the first place. If it's something I wore to death, I'll look to replace it. If it's something I no longer liked the style of or something similar, I won't replace it. I sold a yellow bag I had as the opening was a little fiddly, and it's taken me a few months but I've just gotten around to replacing it with another yellow bag. I liked the colour, just not the style so much!

Away From The Blue Blog

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I think, I only suggested repairing the shoes if you wanted to keep them. I think you should definitely buy totally new things Lorena. To replace with the same things would stagnate you. Love that blue & green together.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

L.E.N K said...

Love the polka dot top!
http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/