Vintage Items with stories on Day 16

Fridays: mean I have to wear jeans, at least for me. 

I make an effort on Mondays but Fridays seem so "already weekend"  that you would not catch me in a dress on this day of the week. 
I tend to dress down throughout the week, Mondays being the highest point .



So my Vintage Friday in jeans goes:
- 7 For All Mankind Jeans
- Green Mossimo tank top
- Caramel brand Cherry Lace top
- Vanity brand Cream color vest (so old it could almost be vintage)
- Urban Expressions XXL tan bag
- Bloomingdale´s vintage cream shoes.

The reason I like vintage besides their uniqueness is the fact that pieces have a story. I enjoy these items more when they involve my family.
Today´s shoes have a story.
These were given to me by my grand aunt 80+ (she´s my grandma´s big sister). 
They are 40 years old and she wore them to her wedding. They are soft creme leather shoes, stamped "Bloomigdale´s made in Italy" - and the item number and shoe size are hand written.
I have only worn them once, I decided it was time to take them out for a stroll.
They are comfortable and they give me a wellness feeling.
- For accesories I once again chose my gold vintage ring, the gold vintage pendant and a men´s vintage Invicta Watch. The watch also has a story.
The watch belonged to my great aunt´s husband who was President in the 60´s.
I love winding it and listening to the tick tock sound, it reminds me of those movies where they would place an explosive device with a timer. Tick-tock...

Today I layered three pieces for my top: a green Mossimo tank top, the cream cherry lace top and the cream vest.
I usually have a hard time layering - so next week I will do a layering week... consider this the introduction.









2 comments

Sheila said...

I adore your vintage accessories! What an awesome story behind the watch.

Your necklace is indeed meant to hold a lock of hair, but I love that you have a fingerprint in it! That's so touching.

Lorena said...

Hi Sheila,
Thanks! I had not taken them out for a while...
I like to look at the little details that show you they are hand made, which is another reason I think older items are so special, the craftmanship :)