Closet Edit Earnings

Every so often the question continuously pops up: "What do you do with your closet edits?" 
My answer a few years ago would have been "I donate everything".

These days, my answer is: "Sort and then donate or send to consignment.."

During 2018 I got more serious about it and I began to track it and to my surprise in 2018 I made some cash off of my closet edits.

Consignment shops

April 4.00 USD az
June 227.50 USD vol (quite a surprise!)
July 83.75 USD az
Sept. 21.50 USD az
Oct. 39.50 USD az
Dec. 35.00 USD az
Dec. 90.00 USD vol

Total 501. 25 USD




Blogger markets
June 4.40 USD 
August 30.00 USD
December 3.50 USD

Total 37.90 USD

Sold to friends

90.00 Kate Spade (purchased 31.10.2013) 
60.00 Stella Rittwagen (purchased 90.00+40=120) 
55.00 Gucci jeans 
90.00 Kate Spade mother of pearl sunglasses

295.00 USD


Closet edit income 834.15 USD

*In 2017 my consignment income was 176.00 USD*
agoist 4 235.90 USD
 


5 comments

Sheila said...

Wow, that's amazing! Good for you! I just can't be bothered to go through the production of selling things - I'd rather see them go to friends, who wear them.

Shea Lennon said...

Wow, I am so impressed! I usually just donate what I don't like, although I've done a "sell" bag with ThredUp, but their payout is terrible. I really need to try selling to local consignment shops. This is inspiring!

Laura B said...

Good for you! Way to clean out your closet, make room for things you love, and make some cash while you are at it! I just started selling some items I no longer wear. We will see if it is worth it for me or not!

PhotosbyCris Travel Fashion Lifestyle said...

That is wonderful that you monetized from your closet last year. I love my clothes so much I find hard to sell them but I use them all believe me or not I end up using al my items and they go out of fashion and they come back as trendy so I simple love it However there are a few items that I would love to get rid of and I will try this year to do something about them Have a wonderful week xoxo Cris
https://photosbycris.blogspot.com/2019/01/my-holiday-style-with-rosegal.html

Mica said...

It's great you were able to make money from selling your pieces! I used to sell mine before donating, but I find myself just donating now as I so rarely have time to list anything to sell!

Away From The Blue Blog