Vintage Milan

Printed maxi dress H&M, other cool maxi dresses here: palm print dress, dark florals, leopard print, cool geo prints 
Burgundy flats French Soles - Blue cross body bag Cole Haan, similar here - Sunglasses Céline, similar on sale

I'm slowly coming back. Bear with me. 
Sometime ago I mentioned I had accumulated vacation days, over forty days. So when a work trip to France was included in my agenda, I figured I'd leave a week early and give myself a tiny vacation. As you may have noticed in the two previous posts, my first destination was Milan. 
The city has things I love: history, architecture, fashion and vintage. 
I arrived in the midst of Milan Fashion Week so I got a glimpse of the streetwear, however the Milanese do not need Fashion Week to be on top of their dressing game. I do not think I have ever seen so many well dressed people, effortlessly. 
The day these shots were taken I was out on a private vintage shopping experience with an image consultant. Three hours dedicated to going through clothing from different eras, different lives. 
.
.
.
Estoy regresando, lentamente. 
Hace algún tiempo mencioné que tenía mas de cuarenta días de vacaciones por tomar. Así que cuando un viaje de trabajo a Francia surgió, me fui una semana antes para una mini vacación. Como han podido notar, en los últimos dos posts, mi primer destino fue Milán. 
Una ciudad que tiene cosas que adoro: historia, arquitectura, moda y vintage.
Llegué en medio de la Semana de la Moda de Milán, así que logré ver un poco del streetwear aunque los milaneses no necesitan que sea la Semana de la Moda para estar bien vestidos. Creo que jamás vi tanta gente junta tan bien vestida y sin mucho esfuerzo.
El día que se tomaron estas fotos estaba haciendo un recorrido privado con una consultora de imagen en tiendas vintage especializadas. Tres horas dedicadas a ver ropa de diferentes eras, diferentes vidas

 Linking to  Straight A Style + High Latitude Style +  E&M

10 comments

Sheila said...

Yay, so happy to hear you are taking your vacation - well-deserved, Lorena! How amazing that you got a vintage tour in Milan! Wow! that is one place in Italy I would have loved to have seen.

You look amazing in this wonderful dress.

Mica said...

I love that maxi dress and this sounds like it would be such a fun experience! I bet you had an amazing time! :)


Hope that your weekend is off to a nice start! It's a rainy day here but we have a birthday party to go to so it will be fun :)

Away From The Blue Blog

Dressed With Soul said...

How wonderful you were in Milan, dear Lorena! Milan is about 5 - 6 driving hours far from my home area :) You look fantastic in your maxi dress and I hope you enjoyed your time in Europe!
xx Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Porcelina said...

Oh Milan, how wonderful to be there at fashion week! I love the sound of that private shopping experience, I hope you came away with some vintage purchases? X

backinstyle said...

Milan, Fashion Week and a grand tour of the vintage fashion shops of the city! Sounds like a dream come true! Hope you had a fantastic time on your mini impromptu vacation, and made lots of sweet memories!

Straight A Style said...

Good for you for taking a side trip! And how neat that your work takes you to places like France. I love this look on you!

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Laura B said...

Good for you for taking some time for yourself! I'd love to visit Milan one day! That dress is beautiful on you!

Lydia said...

It's such a different experience to be in a place where people are well dressed all the time. I love the dress you chose, so vibrant and fun.
Chic on the Cheap

Nicole at High Latitude Style said...

Lovely dress. You look stunning. Thanks for sharing your great style at the Top of the World Style linkup party.

Natalie S said...

Un viaje de ensueño!