New, old & ready to go

White pencil skirt Nine West, similar  - Blue striped tee shirt Talbots, another great option from them with ruffles here

Red canvas tote bag Tommy Hilfiger, similar - Suede mustard shoes Zara, very similar and a slingback version here 


For many posts in a row you've seen me wear mostly items that are off to the consignment shop. Today I put together a look with a mix of items that are all in different stages in the closet. This outfit has an old item: the white skirt, new items: which are the mustard suede shoes and the blue striped tee. These two are so "new" its actually their first wear. That leaves the red canvas tote from Tommy Hilfiger, which is currently under evaluation, as am not sure if I am going to keep, but will be worn the following days, for further consideration. What stage are most of your clothes in ? Is your closet full of new, old or ready to go ? 

13 comments

Ayu Damayanthi said...

so pretty outfit for work!
Anyway, would you love to following each other? Let me know!

xoxo
ayu

Kathrine Eldridge said...

Love this classic chic look! I adore the striped and cute tote!

http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Love that new top!! My closet is full of a mix. New things waiting to be worn, loved pieces and some pieces I'm not quite ready to get rid of yet
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Beauty Unearthly said...

Wow! You look so pretty!!!

Lydia said...

I love your white pencil skirt - I have bought and donated so many white pencil skirts because I just can't ever seem to find one that fits me just right. I love the nautical feel of this look too, definitely something I'd wear.

As for the state of my closet... depends how I'm feeling that day.
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

Meyrilu said...

Yo no compro ropa tan seguido jeje normalmente hago que funcionen mis outfits con prendas básicas y un poco de suerte ya no desentono con la temporada, pero la mayoría de mi ropa de invierno está nueva porque vivo en la ciudad del never ending summer jajaja así que frío: Llega ya!

Sheila said...

This is such a great look - very simple, but also full of great detail. My closet is full of not-yet-worn (too hot right now) new-to-me clothes, stuff I've had for years, and stuff that's newer. I'm getting close to doing another closet evaluation and cleaning out my spring/summer stuff - nearly time for my swapover!

Shea Lennon said...

I love everything about this look--it's so classic and pretty! I'd say I have a lot of pretty old pieces in my closet, with a few new-to-me items as well. I tend to hold on to things for a long time.

Mica said...

I'd say most of my wardrobe is older with not having shopped much this year, but there are a few new and new-to-me pieces in there! And I try not to have too many ready to go pieces, although it happens.


Hope you are having a lovely week so far :)

Away From The Blue Blog

Laura Mitbrodt said...

Such a classic look, love your sweater
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

I definitely mix things up too, Lorena!!
Great outfit, and have a wonderful weekend!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Mine is a mix of really old (classic staples) and new (that fit my style today).
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

minimalissmo blog modowy said...

Really fantastic! What can I say, perfect combination! Those sunglasses fit great here. Striped sweater is cool.