Pin double take

Jeans Gap - Black button shirt Da Moda - Nude heels Sam Edelman - Black vintage bag Croft & Barrow - Vintage pins

Name wire pin via Etsy 
Gold tone bug pins have become a favourite, but I have my eye on this distant cousin  beetle pin

In case you've been around, you may have noticed I've been pinning away ! Today I'm doing a double take with these: on my jeans and my bag.
First up is pin the jean cuff. I own two identical beetle pins, so I folded my hems and to hold them in place, just pinned one bug on each side. I have to admit I got inspiration from Magdalena's jeans, which have star studs on the hem ;) 
The second pinning was on my bag strap, because now bag straps are a "thing". I thought the all black shirt was a bid dull and thought I would pin a huge vintage round brooch on it along with my name on wire pin. I was really happy with the results. 
Linking up to Top of the World StyleShelbee'sE&M

Bug pins I want to add to my collection:


7 comments

Straight A Style said...

Love seeing what your fun pins are adding!

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Closet Fashionista said...

Aww such a cute idea putting the bug pins on the bottom of your jeans!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Those are cute! Little accents always add a lot.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Beauty Unearthly said...

I love the details. Very beautiful.

Mica said...

Oh I love the vintage pin with the more modern name pin on your bag strap. I'm patiently waiting for my 6 months no shop challenge to be over so I can get a fancy studded bag strap now, haha. It's such a fun trend.

I like the simplicity of the shirt and jeans jazzed up with a few pins too. I have been wanting to wear a shirt and jeans outfit for a while, have one in mind, but I'm doing a style challenge and it doesn't seem to fit any of the prompts, boo.



Away From The Blue Blog

LyddieGal said...

The pins on the straps are really fun. Once I tried to put a tack pin through the hole of a bag strap but it feel off instantly and was lost forever.

highlatitudestyle said...

Great ideas to wear your jewelry in a different way. I love the beetle on your jeans! Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style.