Walk around the block

I have been without a car since
I sold it a month ago.


I still do not know what car I'll be getting as I really don't need one.


I am an eight minute walk away from work and have a supermarket
right around the corner.


I live close to a park and the salon I go to is 2 streets away.

Junction West top - Dockers brown shorts - Zapatinho de luxo beige flats -  Gree bag Tommy Hilfiger - Panama Hat

However, I am "used" to having a car.


Anyways, I decided to walk today and take you with me.



The area we are walking today is from the  1940's, most are homes that
have been turned into businesses: real state, restaurants...


small hotels, schools and some are still residential.

I love the place, minus some minor setbacks that have been brought on
by what some may call progress.

I was born just 4 streets down from where I live,
so to me this is home.








8 comments

Shybiker said...

What beautiful pictures! Thank you for letting us "visit" your hometown.

Instead of a car, why don't you get a scooter? They're small, cheap, useful, can carry stuff and are easy to ride. Plus, you'd look cute on one!

Sheila said...

Lorena, what an amazing neighbourhood you live in! The historical buildings are lovely. Such character!

Bombshellicious said...

omg the pics are lovely, Iadore seeing where you live xx

Jenava said...

I don't have a car, either! I am just re-habilitaing my husband's old bicycle so I can use that instead of the bus when possible. You should consider a bike, too. Great way to get some exercise, plus it gets you there faster than walking!

LyddieGal said...

Having a car is certainly nice for when it rains, and for giving you that sense of freedom. You can just go, where ever, when ever. you don't need to depend on anyone else to get you there.

Chic on the Cheap

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

I am not sure exactly here you live, but it is really beautiful.

*Erin

Magdalena said...

Beautiful outfit and pictures!!

Have a fabulous week, honey!!

xoxoxo

Kristen said...

What a gorgeous area! I don't see why you would be rushing to buy a car either.