Work to Opera

This morning I had to leave home dressed to go work and the opera.
I know, it's kind of odd but I got *free tickets* to the opera tonight and the only way I can make it on time is by leaving from work straight to the Theatre.
So I picked two dresses to chose from, both from the UNWORN clothing closet.
The first one is a black dress with the sheer sleeves below... I thought it was too fun and too short for the opera (plus I would have to wear tights and it's hell hot out there).

So the above black dress was disqualified and replaced by the below:
- Black brocade fabric sleeveless dress by Tommy Hilfiger
- Black patent shoes AM PM
- Black, grey and purple pearl bracelets
- Silver padded bag, worn as clutch
This dress had been hanging with the tag on for approximately 9 months.
I love cocktail dresses and every time I come across one that has a good price I buy it, even if I have nowhere to go with it. 
I paid 19.99 USD for this dress, which as you can see was marked down.



The pearls I got for a good price...
and this kind little silver bag for less than 5.00 USD


The Opera is something I was not exposed to until recently and I have to say I really enjoy it.
It could just be me getting older :)

8 comments

Anonymous said...

I love your clutch!

Bombshellicious said...

Love the second dress, hope the opera was good xx

Delane said...

I think you made a great choice. Simple, elegant..very Jackie O.

Carla said...

The opera...Im jelous! I love opera! Have fun and great dress!

SISTERS AND DRESSES said...

Precioso tu vestido. Nunca he ido a la ópera, qué envidia me das!!

B*

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Second dress is perfect on you. After going to Seville I want to see Carmen. We saw the cigar factory where the mythical Carmen worked.

Sheila said...

I love that dress! That is so lovely on you! And you should wear it more - it's perfect for everyday.

Leah said...

It is a lovely shift dress... you look so elegant and so charming in that ensemble.