Bored to Death Outfit...

I have been wearing the most boring outfits the last couple of days (yawn).
Think it has to do with the way I am getting dressed.
You see I am on a shopping ban and in addition to that I am on a closet mission.
The closet mission was to EMPTY my closet, put all the clothes in another - guest room closet.
THOUGHT:Note that the closet I emptied did not include dresses or formal wear.
I think I will do dresses later...
Anyways, every time I wore something and it was washed it would go in my closet. 
This way I would wear it all ... and I almost have.
Right now I am getting dressed with the "last items". I am forcing myself to wear these pieces that have just hung there for ages.
For example my tights from Monday had been there for way too long, on Wednesday I wore this blue satin top that had not seen the light since who knows when and today I am wearing a fuchsia cropped jacket that is also from that closet.
For some reason I feel kind of limited when I wear these last pieces from the closet and I feel so uninspired that I just turn to jeans as an easy way out.
- 7 For All Mankind Jeans
- White t-shirt Milky Way Jeans
- Fuchsia cropped jacket (gift from mom)
- Brown heels/sandals Kenneth Cole Reaction
- Grey patent tote by Arena
- Silver pendant TOUS 
- Textile ring
- Beige sunglasses no brand



10 comments

Sheila said...

Well, I think you look great! This jacket really photographs as red (no fuscia at all), and the colour is glorious on you.

And think of it this way: now that you've gone through everything, you should be able to weed out the stuff that doesn't work. And you'll be able to go back to your old favourites!

You always have amazing accessories, Lorena. Great attention to detail.

La Loca said...

I'm with Sheila--I don't think this outfit is dull at all, and that is the perfect color on you. It's also really not fair that your feet look so nice without polish on.

Elaine said...

That sounds like a fab project! I love the color combo - red, white, and blue is preppy cool! :)

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

OOo that ring is so cool!

Make Do Style said...

The red jacket looks great and well done on the project.

Delane said...

they say if you don't love an item you should get rid of it? I dunno, I have a hard time parting with stuff unless its to big on me.

I do think you look cute today!

SISTERS AND DRESSES said...

Nunca había oido hablar de ese sistema, pero me parece genial, una forma de ver lo que realmente usamos ;)

B*

ana said...

Te ves muy bien! pero yo veo roja tu chaqueta... y creo que tu sistema es genial... lo probaré ;9

Brittany D'Lynne said...

What a great project! I'm afraid I could never do that...I rely too heavily on "mixing and matching". I do play a little closet game--I have all my clothes organized by section and when I put up the laundry, I hang those items in the back of the section. I try to find things to wear at the beginning of the sections for the most part so that I wear "new" things more often!

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I agree with Sheila - you look great. You can't beat red, white and blue.