Cocktail Night at the Museum


Yesterday afternoon I ran home and changed in order to make it on time to a cocktail at the Museum.
I wore:
- Charlotte Russe grey silky dress
- Red belt
- Blue suede shoes from Dani Black
- Yellow clutch

I ran into a high school classmate, which is always positive but, it always brings back memories.
Memories of what if, of why, how... which have followed me around for too long.
You see, I had a crush on a good friend for too long.
Nevertheless I dated other people while always having feelings for this person. 
Today over 20 years later a piece of my heart is still compromised.
I know this sucks, believe me I know. I have done it ALL but, for some reason he's still there...




1 comment

Penny said...

You look wonderful and I'm definitely loving those shoes:)
As for the 'thing' you wrote about...I find that nostalgia is a very powerful emotion. I've also learned that as time goes on; certain emotions - instead of withering away; do grow stronger. I gather that the trick is to figure out if within those emotions; we are injecting undue feelings - like if we're hyping things up a bit subconsciously. I don't know....when there isn't closure about any given heart felt situation; the memories of people or a particular situation do have the power to remain everlasting:( Hopefully, you'll find a way to resolve those feelings:)