Black and White Christmas Tree

I present to you, my 2009 Christmas Tree !


Honestly speaking, when people walk into my house and look at it, it kind of takes time for them to "process it" before making any comments.
I guess that this reaction comes from the fact that it is not very traditional because it is black and white.
This is my second year with solely black, white and a dash of silver decorations.
Which by the way were very difficult to find, specifically the black.
I have had people sit in silence and not say a word.
I have also had people tell me if I have had it up since Halloween.
But, on the other hand I have had the "Oh, how original" comment which could mean anything...
So what to do you think ?

6 comments

Sheila said...

Well, I AM a professional Christmas decorator, and former Number 1 Elf...this is a lovely, lovely tree, Lorena!

Your theme is consistent, and you've nicely framed all of the ornaments so that the eye is drawn to different ones.

I also really like the topper (hee! It's a big mousie!), and the way you've wound the feather garland and the black garland around the tree.

It's very elegant and non-traditional...in a good way. My only critique would be that it needs more ornaments and I'd like to see it plugged in.

Brava!

Elaine said...

This is a great tree! It's non-traditional so it's nice to see something different for a change. I like the feathers alot! :)


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Penny said...

This is a great tree! It's not only creative but humorous as well. I love that big white mouse/rat near up at the top! It's gotta look real pretty when you have the lights on. When you get a chance, please take pic at night with the lights on:) I'd love to see that.

ana said...

Your tree is amazing!!!! it looks so nice and modern!!! I really like it... you gave a great idea for next year :)

Lorena said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
YES, I will add more decorations. I still have a couple of silver stuff to hang...
And I will also take a night picture.... all lights are white.
The little rats I got in IKEA last year...the two fat ones I also got at IKEA - this year.

Kristen said...

Very cool, very unique. I like the contrast of the strong white garland slashing across the green; I think the black ornaments would not work as well as they do without that white garland.