Vintage bird

Navy blue cropped trousers Tahari, similar - Yellow v neck sweater Tommy Hilfiger, similar -
Yellow and grey heels Kelsi Dagger

 
Vintage earrings - Bird print vintage Gucci scarf - Les Nereides enamel flower bracelet



The other day I was visiting one of my older great aunts who is turning 103 this year. As we talked she asked me to get something for her from her dresser. As I picked it up I saw a small aged carton, took a peek and asked her about the contents. She asked me to open it.  It was a brand new vintage Gucci scarf in its original box, she estimates its from the early 1970's when she lived in Paris. I was in total awe, the scarf is immaculate, hand rolled, gorgeous bird prints adorn it and there is a nest drawing in the middle, it's a masterpiece. I asked her if I could keep it, guess who's wearing it today?


2 comments

Sheila said...

Oh, WOW, what an amazing gift, and to have it new in its box!! I hope you took pictures of all of it - I would love to see some pics of the box and the pattern.

Love it with the yellow - great colour on you. Those are cute shoes!

Mica said...

What a beautiful thing to have kept hidden away for so long! it's nice she gave it to you, such a special piece to have!

Hope that your week is off to a good start :)

Away From The Blue