Would I buy you today?

Black cropped trousers Mossimo, similar

Beige tee shirt Tory Burch, similar - Grey sleeveless vest Valetta, similar

Grey perforated flats Dr. Scholl's, similar - CĂ©line Sunglasses


Pom pom necklace, similar
I've been going through the closet, always looking for something else to edit. I am always amazed at the amount of stuff I have amassed. Today I came across items I have not worn in ages, like this black pom pom necklace and the hand bag, both items are pre blog.  The question I asked myself today when looking at these two items individually was "Would I buy you today?"
My answer: I would not buy the bag, but, I'd buy the necklace.

How do you edit? What do you ask yourself? and please don't tell me it has to "spark joy".


Linking to On the Edge + I Do DeClaire

7 comments

Courtney Erin said...

The questions I usually ask myself when I'm editing is do I feel comfortable in something - not just physically comfortable but mentally so. I usually find it a pretty good question in terms of weeding things out.

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Sheila said...

I'm a bit sick of the "spark joy" thing, but if it helps...

"Am I feeling this?" is usually what I ask myself, but it's more the feeling than the words. I know when it's time to give things up.

RaindropsofSapphire said...

That's an interesting concept actually, but it's a good way to look at it. I think the necklace is cute! I do like the bag too though.
Raindrops of Sapphire

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

It's an interesting thought, but it could depend on the other things I've purchased recently. I try hard not to buy multiples of the same thing, like too many black pants or red tops....
But I have nothing like this necklace. So I'd say yes...I'd buy it now.
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Unknown said...

A good question to ask when doing a closet edit! Love your outfit.

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Mica said...

I ask myself that when decluttering too! :) There are a lot of things in my wardrobe I love but that I wouldn't buy right now. I'm careful not to let them all go (I might not buy right now as I cant wear it with kids, but when the boys are outgrown the toddler years I know it will become a go-to again!).

My main thing I am asking myself shopping is 'would I pay full price for that?". As I've noticed I'm tempted by the sale stickers often. So important to ask myself when op shopping too, I narrowed my handful of 6 items down to 2 today! Even though they were only $1 each!

Hope that your week is going well and you have a nice weekend ahead of you :)

Away From The Blue Blog

Ruth said...

I love this question because I think that when I am looking through my clothes. I try and go through my closet every season and get rid of things that I just don't like or wear!

http://www.mylittlenest.org