Mythical creature

Jeans Zara - White button shirt Ascot Chang, white shirt options here, here, here

Bee Happy blue loafers C. Wonder, similar

Blue crossbody bag Badgley & Mischka



I've been hunting for the white shirt, that perfect fitting mythical creature we are all supposed to have in our closets. I've had dozens of white shirts, but I have yet to meet that perfect one. During the hunt I explored the men's section where I met up with one shirt from Ascot Chang. Without trying it on I bought it, first of all because of the fabric, it's crazy soft and two because I had read wonders about this bespoke shirt and suit maker. 

The shirt is big but I could not resist the temptation and went for the oversized look. Mr. Chang's custom made menswear has very interesting details and make it stand out as a superb quality shirt.  
The high yarn count makes a fine, soft and smooth fabric. The buttons are made of Australian mother of pearl and the French seams are sewn with 22 stitches per inch. These are all great tips to look for when buying quality clothing. 

What do you look for when in search of quality in clothing?



1 comment

Sheila said...

I could tell it was quality from the pictures - the drape looks magnificent! I go by feel a lot. If a fabric feels like quality, it probably is. French seams, extra finishing, nice details - those are all good "tells."