How I got started

Black trousers Mario Serrani, identical
Gold and black bow top Mossimo, similar 
Double G belt, identical here 
Black patent bow flats Kate Spade, similar on sale
My first blog post is dated July 3rd, 2009 and has no pictures. At that moment I was hoping to shape my style, define it. Years have passed and this is still in the works. Although many things have changed, such as Polyvore disappearing and me reading In Style, some remain, like the fact that I do not follow trends to the last dot. Another thing that has not changed is that continue to be inspired by other bloggers, which at the end is what makes me continue to blog, keeping in mind there is always room for improvement.  How did you get started? 




10 comments

Nancy said...

I would love to read your style story on my blog! If you are interested, you can read the Styled by..... page in the menu of my blog.

Mica said...

I love the monochrome black with the little gold touches from your accessories! :)

I started my blog ages ago to share my outfits as I was having fun in a forum thread doing the same and I read so many bloggers. Like you I got inspired by them too. It's interesting seeing my style progress through the years!

Hope you are having a great week :)

Away From The Blue Blog

Miguel Gouveia said...

thanks :)

you look great!
I want your belt :D

NEW TIPS POST | PREPARES YOUR BODY SKIN FOR SUMMER :o
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Beauty Unearthly said...

You look super cute :)

Courtney Erin said...

I got started because I was desperate for a non-academic related project while I was in grad school and blogging fit the bill nicely. The added bonus was getting inspired by other bloggers - which is still one of the best parts of it for me.

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

I agree...it's nice to be inspired by others. I think that's why Pinterest is so popular too!!
Have a great weekend, Lorena!!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Straight A Style said...

Love the all black! My blog started as a personal one that gradually included fashion then changed to just fashion.

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

A Very Sweet Blog said...

My blog actually started with following Fashion and then I switched to Beauty! HaHaHa I think next year, there will be more of a mix.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Natalie S said...

Such an elegant look! I have always been into fashion and style. One of my friends has a couple of months doing youtube videos and told me I should totally for a fashion blog. I already wanted to do so, so after a few months of thinking about it I started my "blogger journey"

Ruth said...

I love hearing how bloggers get their start. I started when I became a SAHM with my first little girl. It was really stressful and I started reading blogs. It got me inspired to do it myself!

htt://www.mylittlenest.org