August Closet edits

Closet edits always get me excited, the idea of a curated closet is appealing and for me its part of the process. Here are my closet editions for the month of August. 
Kirna Zabete for Target pleather skirt, it was a shame how the material did not survive, CPW 2.85 USD.
Blue To The Max pencil skirt, just 5 wears and around since 2010, it was constraining as it did not have a slit and also the waist was big but the hip area was tight. Off it goes. 
A grey Calvin Klein skirt, just one wear, it was big and even though I tried belting it to appear paper bag like, it did not work. One wear, CPW 1.07 USD seems ok.  
My black skirt jumper skirt by PuntoCom, around for at least seven years worn just twice and I did not love either wear. Off it goes. 

The Monet print dress as I call it had not been worn in probably a decade, after wearing it and realising it was too short, this Monster Girl dress is ready for a new life and it's been dropped off for consignment. 


The purple lace dress was not worn in the last seven or even more years. This Lovely Day USA brand dress was worn twice in the last weeks and something felt off. I think it was too short and I had to constantly worry about the shoulders slipping off and the bra strap showing. So, now its gone.
This body hugging black long sleeve Zara dress was worn once at least eight years ago and then once last week. It was too body hugging and it had to be layered because the chest area was too revealing. It was too much work to wear, I need easy pieces.
I last wore this blue dress in 2009, its from Charlotte Russe, then I wore it again at the beginning of August. It was too short, neckline was low and I realised the elastic on the shoulder had stretched out. 

My brown luxe velvet dress from Isaac Mizrahi. I've worn this dress only twice in seven years. Those two times were layered here and then here, both in 2010. I tried it on several times since but I gained weight and even though I could zip it up it was tight and the velvet would be torn. Before that happens I prefer to let it go and have it find a new owner. 

The Eileen Fisher rust color cardigan had several holes, I have no idea how this happened. The white jeans were one of my most worn items over the years but its begun to yellow and I am on the hunt for a new pair. The grey print dress was an item I've had since 2011, wore twice, CPW 4.27 USD and it did not really do anything for me.
This white polka dot shirt from Available has been around for over ten years, how's that ? It's been to so many places I've lost count. The front part has some wear and its thinning, I have record of wearing it at least eight times on the blog. It's a garment I have actually been stopped in the street for, a girl in St. Thomas island asked where it was from. 
Another polka dot item is this blue blouse, before its last wear a few days ago I had worn it last in 2010. Here the shirt felt snug and the elastic had also stretched, so off it goes.   

Oddly these two items: the CH tote bag and the black Mary Jane flats were purchased together years ago during a vacation to Greece. They were purchased in the same place just minutes apart and now they're leaving the closet together. The bag, well it was an impulse buy and its a fake, I am over these now. The black leather flats I bought as my feet were beat, I wore them a lot back in the day and then suddenly stopped. Off they go.

A yellow flower brooch, worn very little, it had small stains on it. A caramel belt that is peeling but got some wear in the past and finally the rust color cuff, which as you can see is quite worn. 

19 items out the closet.

1 comment

Mica said...

You do so well with your edits! :)

I felt really accomplished last month as I dropped of lots of bags at the opshop, however most of it was pieces from my sister's wardrobe clearout that I didn't want and I bought something for myself almost every time I was in there, haha! I need to keep better track of what leaves my wardrobe like you do.

Hope you have had a great weekend! :)

Away From The Blue Blog