Survivor

Jeans Levis - Pink button down shirt Chelsey & Jack - Grey heels Vince Camuto -
See by Chloe Harriett tote bag - Purple sunnies from the Dollar Store -
 Pearl and safety pins necklace DIY
If you visit this blog once in a while you know I am constantly editing the closet. I have been doing so and documenting it for years. In 2014 I chose to get rid of a pair of Levi's 1974 Sandybell re-issue, purchased in 2009 as they were too tight. For some inexplicable reason instead of throwing them in a bag and giving them away, they hung in a spare closet. I glanced at them once in a while but never reacted on them, until today. I figured I'd try them on, see if they fit. They kinda did (still tight), since they were flared, flared is back, I thought I'd wear them. I think I'm keeping them. Funny thing is this is the first time ever I've actually kept something I was to give away, its a true survivor, you know I can be pretty ruthless when it comes to edits. Is there a "survivor" in your closet, a garment that is on the edge, yet never makes the cut ? 

9 comments

Sheila said...

These are sweet jeans, Lorena! Nice save on them. There are a few things that survive my cuts - not too many, though.

Unknown said...

you look amazing hun <3
http://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude
http://lovelyattitude.com

Unknown said...

You're a stunner! Loving the whole look so much!
Glad to know you're keepin' 'em!

Much love,
jedidiahgc.blogspot.ca

Closet Fashionista said...

Love those jeans! Glad they made it through a purge, haha
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

withwonderandwhimsy said...

I'm glad these jeans were a survivor, intentional or not! I'm so glad they're coming back into style. I like skinny jeans, but I like to have options when it comes to silhouette, and flares are the jeans of my early teens, when I was first developing a personal style. So I'm obviously a bit nostalgic for them!

<3 Liz
www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

Oh to Be a Muse said...

I'm glad you kept the flared jeans and they fit. I think they look lovely on you. I have way too many survivors in my closet. I need to learn to say no, lol.

www.ohtobeamuse.com

Mica said...

I'm glad that you kept these, they are lovely on you! :) I threw out a huge pile of denim during my wardrobe detox, and just kept the one pair of flares that I got hemmed so I'd actually wear them. I'm glad I did! :)

Usually once I commit to getting rid of something it's gone and I don't regret it until it's too late and I've already sold or dropped it off at the shelter!


Away From The Blue Blog

A Very Sweet Blog said...

They look great on you Lorena! YES! I have a couple of pieces like that.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

LyddieGal said...

Dozens, I think. Things I know I haven't worn, should definitely get rid of and yet, hold on.

I'm glad these jeans made it back out again, cheaper than buying a new flared pair!
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/