Because of Lydia

I have something to confess.
If I see something on a blogger that I really like.
I will hunt it down like a maniac, until I find it.
A couple of weeks ago, while checking my closet I realized that 
this has become a common practice.
I decided to jot down those purchases that were 
very unlikely would have occurred had I not seen them 
first on another fellow blogger and post about them.

Here's the first one: 
The Starfish Cuff.


Over a year ago I saw the starfish cuff first on Lydia from Chic on the Cheap.
It was love at first sight.
I began to hunt it down on Ebay, Amazon, you name it - 
but I was not happy with the price, so I kept on looking.
Then on a trip to NYC last year near the Fashion District I found it
for the reasonable price of 15.00 USD and here's how I've worn it:





So, are you inspired to shop a particular item when you see it on a blogger ?
I'd love to hear about it.



8 comments

Jessica Cangiano said...

That's an awesome confession - afterall, isn't such a large part of fashion blogging to hopefully inspire others and in turn be inspired by the wonderful sites we follow.

I've occasionally tried to track down something I saw someone sporting online, too. However, wearing mostly vintage (as do most of the bloggers I follow), this isn't always an easy task! :)

♥ Jessica

Kim Alston said...

HaHa Lorena! It looks awesome on you! Lydia is excellent inspiration. I love her style. Most definitely! I'm always buying stuff I see on another bloggers page. Sometimes we share the same style. One blogger and I had the same sequin and striped shirt.

..EmiLiA..* said...

Vas muy linda Lore, te ves super guapa.
Te mando Saludos

Marlen said...

i LOVE that starfish cuff! and i've had plenty of occurrences like that, too. i'm pretty brave when it comes to fashion so it's not that they inspire me to try new fads, but that they show me these super cute pieces. my wallet definitely has suffered since joining this awesome community haha :)

xo Marlen
Messages on a Napkin

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

I do this constantly!! I also watch a lot of vlogs and love to see what people have in their hauls so I can discover things I wouldn't have seen it on my own.

P.S. I do love the star fish cuff!!

Mica said...

Ah that starfish cuff is lovely! I really like it too, I can see why you tracked one down :)

I usually spot things in the stores that reminds me of something a blogger has, and I may buy it if it suits me. But rarely do I track something down. Unless it's off the blog of a lovely Aussie called Cecylia, I always fall in love with her accessories. I've bought things just after seeing them on her blog before! :) It's www.cecylia.com.

Lisa said...

I saw that cuff on Lydia too and loved it. I'm glad you found it!

LyddieGal said...

Of course! I saw the starfish cuff on someone else first!!