It's 2010 !

I still have not fully recuperated from that terrible bronchitis that took me down  a few weeks ago ... so I stayed home on these days off.


As I mentioned earlier I usually do not torture myself with end of the year resolutions.
However this year I would like to try something different.
This year I will try to:
1. Let Go - as the saying goes:
" Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. 
You have to let go at some point in order to move forward."
2. Shopping Ban - but, I make the rules. 
Making my own rules may sound as cheating, I know. But, I have to set a realistic goal - one I can achieve. 
I know me and I know my limitations. It's not that I lack self control but, shopping for me is also a way to distract myself and release stress. It should not be, but unfortunately it is and that I cannot change overnight.
I also do not know how to handle shopping situations while being on business trips and also on vacations...
So, my ban goes as follows (suggestions are welcome)!
1. I will not buy anything during the month of January 2010
2. In February I can buy one item
3. March I can buy 2 items but, 2 items of the same kind must leave my closet
4. April no purchases allowed
5. May, June, July : one item per month allowed
6. August, September, October: 2 items per month
7. November, December: one item per month


Well, on the first days of this year I wore:
- Jeans Talbots
- Brown top Punto.com brand
- Green peep toe flats Payless
- Bronze tote bag Elvis Presley


Later on I decided to let the jeans go, it was wayyy too hot !



Being sick around the house is not much fun. But, I had to get dressed.
- Short Jeans
- Grey t shirt Mood Swing


I love tee's with a message, don't you ?






4 comments

Penny said...

I must say, you're resolutions are quite ambitious. I wonder if I have what it takes to follow your rules...mmm, I'll think about it and let you know;)

As for that tuni, my goodness is it beautiful. I'm funny about having my legs covered in warm weather...I can't seem to do it...it just makes me feel so uncomfortable. I think that tunic though looks wonderful with pants or without.

Lorena said...

Thanks Penny !

Make Do Style said...

You can do it! Just think of the quality items you can buy or the money you will save x

Ana said...

that's a really cute t-shirt!! I like your 2010 goals. I briefly entertained the notion of setting buying limits like that, but then got worried I would have to pass on something I REALLY love.