Ebay find for Vintage Week - Day 13



On Tuesday of my vintage week, I put together:

Edith Flagg vintage dress from Ebay - I have no clue what this fabric is but it´s soo thick I will surely use it when I travel to a country where there is winter season . Here I can only wear it to work where it´s sooo cold.
This dress was previously owned by someone taller and bigger than I so I had to have it altered almost two sizes in order to fit me.  I am not sure I like the final result, maybe I´ll take it back for some more adjustments.

Black Shoes from Bata - I bought these while in Paris, although they are new, the feel vintage to me as the style reminds me of grandma dressed up to go to work.

Black Patent Purse with stripes - I have had this purse for almost 10 years. When I purchased it I felt it had a Gucci vibe because it has green and red stripes at the bottom...
Gold vintage ring - In the old quarters of the city there are pawn shops that are slowly disappearing. I bought this from a pawn shop that shut down after over 100 years. It was an old piece, they said, but I do not have an estimate age.
After purchasing I took it to a local jeweler to have it cleaned and resized.
Finally I did the messy bun .... I had NEVER done a bun in my life.
But, Kasmira from WhatIwore2day made it sooo easy on her video tutorial that I had to try it out. I think it came out pretty good ! 

3 comments

hillary said...

This is quite adorable. I really like the outfit and especially the hair.

Its none of my business but I am curious why you blur out your face? Why post if you cut out the most crucial part? Sorry I just wanted to say I would love to see "YOU" I always find it hard to follow and get people when I miss their beautiful face.

Lorena said...

Hi Hillary, thanks for stopping by!
I completely understand your comment.
Right now I am still evaluating if I will include my face in future my posts but, I am not sure mostly because of security reasons :0) - my country is not as safe as it use to be :o(
Oh ! and I really enjoy your blog, specially the picture as for me it was unexpected to find pictures in the library being so colorful and I loved your Nanette Lepore dress... I secretly want one.

hillary said...

I SO get the security thing. Thats why my flixkr , twitter and facebook are private. I just wanted to let you know people liked you and were watching!