Made in Manhattan

Off white tier dress (no brand label), here a pretty summer option

Bright orange suede heels from Italy, similar here  

 
Ethnic wool clutch from Peru, almost identical here, here and here -  Beige tassel earrings, similar under 2.00 USD

Years ago I did a series of blog posts where for a week I looked at the place of manufacture of anything I wore and applied. It was very eye opening to see that most of it came from the other half of the world. 
Today I did the same, but just with this dress, a linen tier off white consignment dress without a brand label, it just read "made in Manhattan".
My first guess is that it's by Rachel Comey who manufactures in NYC, then again it could be Nanette Lepore, Lafayette 148... all who still have garments made in New York. 

Any guess who it could be made by ?

3 comments

Mica said...

No idea who it could be made by sorry, but I do love it, especially with the colourful accessories! :)


Happy New Year! Hope that your 2019 is off to a great start and you are excited for the year to come :)

Away From The Blue Blog

Sheila said...

Ah, this explains you reading up on Nanette Lepore! Opening Ceremony also used to make and sell in downtown Manhattan - my ringmaster coat is by them. I also have a piece by Julie Haus that was made/sold in Manhattan.

Either way, this is a great looking dress on you - you know I love those orange heels!

Lydia said...

Oh I love that dress! I'll vote Rachel Comey.
Chic on the Cheap