Seasonless velvet

Donna Morgan printed dress, similar in green under 16.00 USD - Black blazer Nine West, similar 
Velvet shoes Sarah Jessica Parker SJP, identical on sale - Grey tote bag Ferragamo
 
Emerald vintage ring - Velvet block heels SJP, identical on sale

The other day I read about how certain fabrics and colours are limited to seasons and weather. Although I would say I am a pretty much an all around "by the book" person, when it comes to clothing I am much liberal.  

For example when it comes to velvet. Velvet anythingOh, velvet. 

Most will indicate it is for cooler weather because it tends to be heavy and lets not lie to ourselves, clothing serves a purpose, in this case, to keep you warm. 

I use velvet all year round, sometimes blazers or like today with these dark purple shoes that originally look like this but in order to elongate the figure I removed the strap.

These velvet beauties serve as a reminder that on season or not, on trend or not: when you love something, you make exceptions. 
.
.
.
El otro día leí sobre cómo ciertas telas y colores son limitadas al clima y época del año. Aunque diría que soy bastante estricta, cuando entramos en el tema de la ropa soy un poco mas liberal.

Por ejemplo cuando ser refiere al terciopelo. Cualquier cosa de terciopelo. Oh, terciopelo. 

La mayoría de las personas dirán que es para climas frescos pues en una tela gruesa y no nos engañemos, la ropa sirve un propósito original, en este caso, mantenerte abrigado. 

Yo uso terciopelo todo el año, a veces con blazers o como hoy con estos zapatos color berenjena oscuro, que originalmente son así, pero que les quité la correa para alargar la figura.

Estos zapatos son un recordatorio de que estén de moda o no, fuera o dentro de temporada, cuando algo te gusta haces excepciones.

Linking to  Spread the Kindness

4 comments

backinstyle said...

Love the colorful printed dress, and your clever modification of those great velvet pumps! Velvet for all seasons-yes! There are so many gorgeous colors and weights to chose from, now.

Sheila said...

I tend to agree with you - when you love a fabric, you can find a way to wear it regardless of season. Lovely look, Lorena! I'm excited to break out more velvet in my fall/winter wardrobe.

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

super cool combo my dear :)

NEW REVIEW POST | RIMMEL: LASTING FINISH 25HR BREATHABLE CONCEALER.
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Mica said...

It's great you can make velvet work for you! :) I like to wear most of my wardrobe year round, but I find the humidity makes it too hard to wear things like wool in summer! I don't actually have any velvet in my wardrobe - unless you could a velvet belt?!

Hope you're having a good week :)

Away From The Blue Blog