Dress up

White skirt Nine West, similar here LOVE THIS scallop hem one ! - Black blazer Nine West, similar 
Vintage silk houndstooth print turquoise blouse - Zebra print heels Bershka, similar
Double G black belt, identical here

The other day I was giving thought to "dressed up" and "dress up". The first referring to the act of putting on more formal wear that normal, usually related to assisting an event, for example a party. The second relating to changing your appearance by wearing certain clothes, to appear or be what you are not, for example a costume party. There is a very thin line between these two. 
In my case I like to get dressed up, it lifts my spirit. However sometimes I have to dress up to get into character and personify an unusual self - whomever it is I need to be that day. 

Oh, the magic of garments and their amazing power... but you can't dress up the facts ;) 

Linking to Top of The World + On The Edge + Confident Twosday

1 comment

Mica said...

I love the colour of that blouse on you :) I often find dressing up makes me feel better, even if I'm not feeling as confident as my outfit would otherwise suggest! Heels are good for that!

Hope that you are having a nice week so far :)

Away From The Blue Blog