Cocktail dress to work

Black cropped cardigan H&M, similar here 
Black vintage bag Croft & Barrow, identical made by Coach here 


Printed one shoulder dress Nine West, similar , similar darker here-  Black velvet pumps Juicy Couture, almost identical here

Turquoise textile handmade brooch from @chabelascicz.ecotextiles here

It's been done a thousand times: wearing a cocktail dress to work by dressing it down with a cardigan. In this case, the dress was a hand me down which had been hanging unworn in the closet for months. I wore it to a Thanksgiving dinner and today is its second and final wear, its two sizes too big and I cannot imagine me wearing it anywhere without the topper. Do you wear your cocktail dresses to work?
.
.
.
Se ha hecho miles de veces: llevar un vestido coctel al trabajo con un cárdigan. En este caso, el vestido es una prenda usada (era de mi tía) y ha estado colgado en el closet por meses. Lo usé para la cena de acción de gracias, hoy es su segunda y última puesta. Es dos tallas mas grande que mi usual y no puedo imaginar ponérmelo sin algo que cubra arriba. Y tú, llevas tus vestidos coctel al trabajo ?

Linking to Oh, Hey Girl ! + E&M + Shelbee's



14 comments

Gabrielle said...

You look SO lovely in this dress, what a beautiful colour! The little black jacket worn overtop finishes the look perfectly :)

Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

It's so perfect to wear it this way and get more use out of it, Lorena!!!
Just like I did with my metallic dress on Instagram!!
I decided it's in my closet, so I might as well wear it!!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

amely rose said...

Wow I love the cocktaildress,
the colors are so eyecatchy and perfect for the christmas days.
Nice one Lorena, you look AMAZING.

take a look at my BLOG and also INSTAGRAM

Courtney Erin said...

I've done this before - isn't it sort of magical how a cardigan can transform a dress from night to day?

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Shea Lennon said...

I love how you made this dress work for work! I've done the same thing before--thank goodness for cardigans for making everything more wearable.

Christine B. said...

Love this teal cocktail dress and how you made it work from day to night.

Christine
www.bonchicstyle.com

PhotosbyCris Travel Fashion Lifestyle said...

Gorgeous look. I love your dress and the idea of a jacket to dress it down. I totally agree with the idea of cocktail dress for work, Why not? Have a lovely day. xoxo Cris
https://photosbycris.blogspot.com.au/2017/07/novotel-on-collins-melbourne-my-winter.html

Beauty Unearthly said...

I love your dress, xx

Oksana Zolotukhina said...

Wow, this dress is so wonderul!And looks amazing on you!

https://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Es una pena, porque el vestido es muy bonito. Sobre todo me gusta el estampado. ¿Has contemplado la posibilidad de transformarlo en falda?
Saludos desde España

Natalie S said...

No me esperaba el one shoulder! Lo he hecho varias veces al igual que tu con el truco del cardigan y del blazer.

Laura Mitbrodt said...

Your dress is so cute, I love the colour and print
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

Miguel Gouveia said...

thank you :)

nice dress as usual :D

NEW TIPS POST | ULTIMATE GIFT GUIDE FOR XMAS UNDER 10€!
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Mica said...

Oh I love how perfectly the cardigan makes this appropriate for work! :) It's a shame that the dress isn't right for you as you do look great in it, would never know it wasn't fitting you right - magic of photos making things look better than they feel! What a nice last wear for it :)

Hope you are having a good week so far and you're getting organised for Christmas! I finished my shopping, just waiting for it all to arrive in the mail now haha.

Away From The Blue Blog