Shopping anywhere

Jeans Saltworks - Black turtle neck sweater Pierri  New York - Black tote bag Roberto Cavalli - Black tall boots from Spain

Sometimes even I amaze myself, I am the type of person who will shop anywhere and this ring is proof.
A few years ago as part of a course in college, I had the opportunity to go for a weekend and stay with a native community in the rainforest. While there, we visited their homes made of bamboo and wood and which mostly look like this, for safety against wild animals and rising waters. These homes had the very basics. There was no privacy, no running water, no electricity, no landline phone, no kitchen or bathroom. So you get the picture. The natural surroundings were amazing, same as the people, they were welcoming and made us feel at home. There I was, in the middle of the forest and while speaking to one of the local gentlemen he showed me a ring he had made from a coin. While I could not understand exactly how it was made, I tried it on and it fit. Right there and then I offered to buy it.  This is proof I'll find something to buy regardless of where I may be.... 
What is the oddest or most unexpected place you've bought something ? 

Linking to Oh, To Be a Muse

1 comment

Sheila said...

Wow, that's amazing! How cool is that ring, and what a great story. I don't have any unusual shopping places that I've bought things, but I'll have to think on that a bit.

Love the detail shots! Thank you!