Worst Weddings Ever...

Wedding in 2015
I've had the pleasure of attending over two dozen beautiful weddings without any mishaps. Sure there are small things like the bride who's zipper broke, the dress had to be sewn on. There is also the seamstress who delivered the bridal gown an hour before the ceremony. She also happened to arrive with the pearl buttons that were to be sewn from the neck all the way down the back, in a bag, so she could sew them on as the bride tried on the dress. Both of these happened to brides who's ceremonies I attended. 

Original post here

However, the other day I was remembering two specific stories that really did end up in tragedies. One of them was in my family, the other of a friend. 
In the first story, the wedding went well throughout the ceremony at the church. After the religious rites, it was to be followed by a party at the groom's home. To make sure everything would be ready, the father of the groom left early so he could welcome the guests at the house. He was so excited, happy and moved that as he got home the suffered a heart attack and when the bride and groom arrived, he had passed away. The wedding turned into a funeral, it was uncontrollable to a point that wedding gifts were stolen by fleeing guests.

Full post here
The second story, was of a wedding being held across the country, where everyone either drove for six hours to get there or hopped on a plane. Most drove, one of the couples driving, the aunt and uncle of the groom had a terrible car accident the day of the wedding and died on the spot leaving their children orphans. The wedding party was cancelled and a small ceremony was held instead. 

What is the worst wedding story you've ever  heard ? 

Oh and the pictures here have nothing to do with the before mentioned weddings. These are all from weddings attended in 2015 . I had to illustrate the post, what' a post without a picture ? 

Linking up to E&M

15 comments

Closet Fashionista said...

Wow, those are such sad stories!! Luckily I've never had a sad wedding yet...but I haven't been to many.
You look amazing in all three of these dresses!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Oh to Be a Muse said...

I can't even comment on the dresses because those are the saddest wedding stories ever. I was expecting silly things like terrible photos and bad DJs. But weddings turning into funerals -- wow, so tragic.

SHON said...

Fantastic great look!

Courtney Erin said...

Oh my goodness, those are such awful things to have happened. I've never had any wedding experience that compares to that - not even in the slightest. Unrelatedly, I really love how elegant you look in all your different wedding attire. You have some truly stunning gowns.

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Black Dress Inspiration said...

Pero que guapa!!! El primero y el último me han robado el corazón
Bss

http://www.blackdressinspiration.com

Justyle said...

Beautiful :* You look so pretty

Straight A Style said...

Wedding mishaps are the worst! Your dresses are so pretty though.

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Annie L said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds horrible! Side note: love your wedding looks.
xo Annie
New England Romance

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

I don't know my friend :S I can't remember!

NEW COOKING POST | Super Easy To Do: OREO CHEESECAKE
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

Those are crazy, Lorena. That would just be so shocking....
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Mica said...

Oh my goodness, what horrible things to have happened at any time, never mind a wedding!

I can't imagine anything so sad happening on such a happy day.

Jennifer_q85 @ Little Corner of Mine said...

I've never had a sad wedding experience. Both situations are awful and I would have been so upset if that happened to me. Your wedding looks are beautiful though. http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

The Glossychic said...

cute outfit


The Glossychic

Sheila said...

Oh my gosh, those are terrible weddings - so sad! I love all these dresses on you, though (you look amazing in long gowns).

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Those stories are TRAGIC! Wow! The only one I know, is of a bridal store that went bankrupt sending brides scurring to find new dresses. You've worn some lovely dresses to weddings Lorena. Love that last one on you!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/