The Striped Shirtdress

Striped dress Yoko Girl, identical here - Yellow heels Tsubo - Brown tote bag Madison Coach - White patent vintage belt 

I've wanted a striped shirtdress for a while, but after my shopping ban I have been focusing on editing the closet, not adding.
But, sometime in May I got an email from Zaful offering to check their site and pick something in exchange for a product review. It seemed like a great opportunity to try products from this website.  So I began browsing, they had so many great items at fair prices. I originally wanted this tee shirt, but it was sold out. Then I saw the this striped shirtdress, it was just what I had in mind. 
After placing the order, it then took three months to arrive, but it did. The dress came in a flat plastic envelope and was really, really wrinkled. The fabric was nice and the bottom part of the dress was lined which is always a plus.
After I had it professionally ironed the dress took a new life. Now, I wish this dress had pockets and also wish it was not so high waisted. I ordered a large, following the size chart but its snug at the chest. So I guess if I had to order it again it would be a XL size.  This was the only garment I ordered and if I had to rate it from 1 to 10 it would be probably a 6, but mostly because of the sizing issue. Have you ordered anything from Zaful ? What has your experience been like ? 

Linking up to OH To Be A Muse



9 comments

Lyddiegal said...

That dress looks really cute on you, and the length is perfect. I have had similar experiences with Zaful, things are never quite sized right, even if I follow the charts, and everything (including a wool fedora) arrives a wrinkled mess is a plastic bag.

http://iamchiconthecheap.com

Kim Alston said...

Well you made it look good Lorena! I would've never known! Love the style of the dress.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Oh to Be a Muse said...

I think this dress looks very nice on you. I love that you belted it for maximum shape. But yes, pockets would have been nice. I love dresses with pockets.

Dalwi Szyje said...

Great look!

Laura Bambrick said...

I've ordered from them before and you can find some great things, but I've always had to size up a lot and it takes so long for it to arrive. That dress is lovely on you though!

Regine Karpel said...

Love.

Beauty Unearthly said...

I love the details. Very beautiful.

Sheila said...

I think it's cute and the price was right. The sizing thing is a pain, and wow, 3 MONTHS?? That is a long time!

Mica T said...

3 months is a very long time to wait, but this is a cute dress, I love striped pieces! :)

I've never bought from Zaful but I have from similar sites and it's always a bit hit and miss. Even with the sizing charts and measurements there's usually something I'll forget to check (like the length of a dress, oops!)


Away From The Blue Blog