Real and fake

Black dress Missoni - Zebra print flats Sperry Topsider - Black quilted bucket bag Love Moschino - Prada Baroque sunglasses

Gold amethyst and garnet ring, similar - Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra inspired ring, original here

While growing up you would have never caught me wearing anything other than gold pieces. In my teens I opted out of gold to try costume jewellery but it was usually limited to earrings like these hoops which were very trendy then. Silver pieces where unheard of, considered hippie like and not even contemplated as jewellery. Gold was the only thing to wear.
Along the way, probably after college I began experimenting with costume jewellery, some beaded necklaces and when Ricky Martin started wearing the wood bracelets and it became a trend, of course I had one too. However, even then I did not mix. I did not think that my precious gold could mix with the common goods. A long time has passed since then, the way I see things has changed and also the way I dress. Never in a million years I would have worn an amethyst ring with a stainless steel fake version of the Alhambra ring. However, today I am wearing them and right next to each other. And I love it because I am stepping out of my very own box.
What are you doing today, when it comes to jewellery or accessories, that you would have not done in the past ?  



17 comments

Brooke said...

When I was in high school, silver was the only thing to wear. Gold was outdated, but now I'm the total opposite! I don't oppose silver but I always gravitate to gold. By gold I mean gold toned haha, I wear costume jewelry often!

Brooke
pumps and push-ups

Closet Fashionista said...

Haha, that's so funny. I've never been averse to one or the other when it came to gold and silver. I liked them both. Silver is what I wear on my fingers but I usually wear gold necklaces and earrings.

Black Dress Inspiration said...

Qué te voy a decir de este look si el negro es mi color favorito..., pues que estás preciosa
Bss

http://www.blackdressinspiration.com

Mica said...

I was always a silver jewelry girl. I had lots of gold growing up but soon as I could pick I went with silver.

I used to be so careful not to mix gold and silver together. It was actually a handbag I bought (silver zips with gold hardware) that made me see it was easy to mix the two together, and I've been doing it ever since! :)

Hope you are having a lovely week so far :)

Away From The Blue Blog

backinstyle said...

What a perfect little black dress, you look so chic! I used to wear silver almost exclusively, but now I like both. My "old" self would not even consider mixing metals, now I do. Yay for stepping outside our boxes!

Sheila said...

I had very little "real" jewelry when I was younger - raiding my mom's jewelry box as a teen, then getting some of my grandmother's copper pieces when I was a little older, both had far more impact on my jewelry choices than the metal. That said, I didn't ever mix metals until I started blogging! I thought it was forbidden or something, lol.

Gerrilyn said...

I mix my real and costume jewelry all the time. Most of the time, people can't tell one from another, unless it's a wood or plastic bracelet, of course. I make it all coordinate with the outfit though, keeps it fun getting dressed and I get more wear out of everything. It's nice that there are hardly any rules any more about getting dressed and making outfits, if it looks good, wear it!
Gerrilyn

PhotosbyCris Travel Fashion Lifestyle said...

I love that you are stepping out of the box. I always wanted to be able to wear heavy jewellery and heavy earrings but it never worked as I have allergy to items that are not silver or gold. So, I only use jewellery to go out really. Have a gorgeous day. xoxo Cris

http://photosbycris.blogspot.com.au/2017/08/beach-wedding-part-i.html

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

darling :o your rings are amazing :D
black is always a good idea :D

NEW FASHION POST | WOMAN TREND ALERT: Statement Earrings To use NOW.
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Beauty Editer said...

Love it!


BEAUTYEDITER.COM
Latest Post: YVES SAINT LAURENT Tatouage Couture Matte Stain Swatches

ania said...

Lovely LBD :)
Happy Wednesday
https://anjage.com

Jennifer_q85 @ Little Corner of Mine said...

I love your outfit pictures. My high school consisted of duster jackets and glitter eyeshadow. I think it's fun to experiment with accessories. I tend to still lean more towards gold jewelry. http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

My mom (the 70+ model on my blog) raised me wearing only 14K gold----well that certainly has gone by the way side!!
Now I love everything!!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Beauty Unearthly said...

You look super cute :)

Lydia said...

I feel like I've been on a roller coaster ride with jewelry, heck you can probably see it play out if you scroll through my blog archive. Right now I still love my costume jewelry, but it's gotten a little more understated. Gold, 100%, just wish I could afford real gold pieces.
http://iamchiconthecheap.com

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Isn't it something how are tastes change. Love this dress on you Lorena. The bag and jewelry are gorgeous with it.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

highlatitudestyle said...

Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. You look stunning in the LBD!