The Nina Ricci Handbag

Black printed trousers Wild Girl, similar - Bite Back collar white button down shirt, other fun collar shirt 
Nude heels Sam Edelman, similar - Black bag Nina Ricci - Round sunglasses Forever 21


During my three month shopping ban I did not do what I had originally set out to: wear the NWT garments in the closet and do a lot of editing. 
Happens I did not wear the new with tags items as most were tight and many were destined for cocktail events, which I did not have. Since I am over my usual weight, I also felt it was not the right time to edit as I could have regrets in the future. 
One thing I did partially go through were my hand bags. I say partially, because they are stored in three places as I've run out of space in the closet. One of the bags I came across is this black Nina Ricci hand bag, which I have been wearing lately and that had not been worn in 8 years. In fact it's a lot smaller than I remembered it was. The idea of an item just sitting there, taking up space for eight years makes absolutely no sense in my head. However if I recall correctly it was my first designer bag and this justifies its existence. While I am not sure if I will hold on to it much longer, lately I've been wearing it non stop... Tell me about your first designer bag.
Linking up to Oh, Hey Girl! +  I Do DeClaire



8 comments

Straight A Style said...

Cool bag! I love your bow tie top too. I always love a good black and white look.

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Courtney Erin said...

I have a couple of Micheal Kors purses but that's it for me and designer purses. I tend to put my handbags through hell so I usually opt for lower cost ones where I don't have to worry about damaging them!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Oh to Be a Muse said...

OMG, I can't get over the super cute collar detail.

Aria Di Bari said...

This Nina Ricci bag is such a lovely bag!

http://ariadibari.com

Sheila said...

I don't do designer bags at all - Danier Leather is the closest I've had. I just got rid of 2 bags because I only use one!

I love this fun shirt - what a fabulous detail. Great outfit, Lorena!

Natalie Sampson said...

Me encanta! Tiene algo que me recuerda al estilo francés.

LyddieGal said...

What are we considering to be designer bags? I feel like my Linea Pelle bag was the first bag I spent a lot ($300) on, though I don't carry it as much now because it is light colored and looks dirty and I don't know how to clean it. Every time I look up leather cleaners half the people says it's great and the other say it ruined their things...

I could probably stand to downsize my bag collection a bit. I know I should stop getting new ones because I've got so many and don't switch them out that much!
Chic on the Cheap

Mica T said...

My Chloe paddington was my first designer bag. I'd bought a few Guess and Mimco ones, but that was the first 'luxury designer' purchase. While I really don't use it anywhere near as much as I used to when I got it 10 or 11 years ago, I have sold it and regretted it and luckily was able to buy it back from the buyer. It will always be an emotional piece for me, for many many reasons.

I tend to buy more mid-range designers now, that way I can get more for my money, and we all know I like to buy a lot of bags, ha!


Away From The Blue Blog