What for ?

We are so acustomed to being told what to do
with whatever we have around that in
my opinion it numbs your creativity.
Antilia Femme dress worn as top - Jeans Zara - Brown flats Franco Sarto
For example, you buy a product and the indications tell
you what it is for and what you are supposed to do with it.

Brown tote bag Coach - Brown stretch belt Forever 21 - Brown sunglasses Michael Kors 
Unless its something very specific, at the end you can 
make of it whatever you want.  For example, I needed 
to induce sleep during a flight so I took cough syrup.
I was knocked out before departure.
At the end you use things the way you want.
Broken plates can be used to signal a garden.
Earrings can be used as shoe clips.
A necklace can be shortened with an earring.
Possibilities are endless. 
Or it can be something very basic as wearing a 
dress as a top.





11 comments

Dressed With Soul said...

Dear Lorena, so true what you wrote! We really should think out of the box and I like it to use things in other ways as purposed :) Love your plaid shirt btw!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Sheila said...

I'm wearing a nightgown as a shirt today! I love it! Wise words.

Mica said...

Very wise words - we are limited by our own imagination in the end :)

I like the dress worn as a top - I've done that a few times, good way to get more wear from something :)

Away From The Blue Blog

Shybiker said...

I like this idea a lot -- and you prove it beautifully with the dress/top.

Magda Aftyka said...

great shirt!

Oksana Zolotukhina said...

Love how you have styled this outfit. Lovely pics..:-)

http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

That dress as a tunic looks fantastic on you Lorena!

Silvia

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Yep! People need to start thinking out the box.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

minimalissmo blog modowy said...

Plaid shirt is OK, it is really nice daily look, but white belt would be better than brown I think.

LyddieGal said...

I think we have a problem where there are so many things created for a singular use, and we just feed into that and end up with a ton of clutter.

Witchcrafted Life said...

That is so immensely true! I think it's very vintage (specifically, "make do and mend" from the war years) to adopt a creative, outside-of-the-box approach to our possessions as well.

Great outfit! Tunic length tops rarely work on me, but gosh, do I enjoy seeing them on others.

Have a fantastic week, my friend!
♥ Jessica