Red wine

Never in a thousand years I would have chosen to wear
red and burgundy together,
simply because they don't match.


However I began seeing this combination in magazines, 
like a Glamour from Spain - from last year.
It was everywhere I looked.


The colors look very odd and like they don't belong together.

Burgundy trousers Valerie Bertinelli - Red blouse Forever 21 - Isolé burgundy flats
So, almost against my will and clear train of thought,
I wore them together.


The best part is that I loved it. 


It kind of reminds me of the feeling of when you know you're dating
someone that is no good for you, but you continue seeing them ;)

5 comments

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh love this look! I'm glad you tried the colors together, a perfect, unconventional pairing!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Sheila said...

Oh, I disagree - I think they go beautifully together. Red and burgundy are in the same colour family (of course!) - think of the shades of red in a dark red rose, or the leaves as they open in a Japanese plum tree!

Gorgeous combo, Lorena!

Mica said...

I think red and burgundy go great together! I've been wanting to try it ever since seeing Shiela from Epherma do it actually, haha! I have a photo of hers saved for inspiration :) Love the look on you too :)

Witchcrafted Life said...

Ooohh, I just love it, too! So warm, beautiful and fresh. You look awesome, sweet gal!

♥ Jessica

drollgirl said...

sometimes it is good to try unusual combinations. why not take the risk? i have a violet colored dress that is such a beautiful shade. sometimes i pair it with an army green jacket, and i think the two colors look lovely together. :)