Combining chocolate

I am still digesting InStyle's March 2013 issue.


Sometimes when wearing chocolate or dark brown garments we 
need a little help to keep it from being boring.

Brown trousers Style&Co  - Blue button down shirt Forever 21 -
Leopard print flats Anne Klein
In my particular case, this instructive on how to wear chocolate
 served its purpose, as I would have never thought of
wearing these bottoms with this bright blue shirt.


The color guide suggested for dark brown to be worn with jewel tones.
I played a little with the photos and really like how it looks with a rich green.


I think I just found an excuse for getting a green shirt.


8 comments

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

People don't give brown enough credit, especially chocolate brown, what a great neutral.

Paint Me Blooming said...

Beautiful outfit! It's perfect for summer! The colors are very nice too! :)

xx
Adeline

Mica said...

Love the blue and brown together! :)

I'm always a little unsure what to wear with brown, so I don't have many brown pieces in my wardrobe. I prefer grey :)

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I love that shade of blue. What a fun post.

Anonymous said...

I think brown and coral would be great and I love brown and turquoise.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I love the bright splashes of color they added to the brown. So pretty!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

I have always loved Blue such as Cobalt or Royal paired with a Rich Brown. The Blouse & Necklace are both Beautiful. I, too would love to add a Bright (like Emerald) Green Button-Down, like a Silky one. I am thinking like the Portofino Shirts from Express.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Love this colour combo - it's vivid, but grounded at the same time. I adore royal blue and think I might just have to put together a vintage outfit involving it and chocolate in the near future. Thank you for the great inspiration, lovely Lorena!

♥ Jessica