April editions

Sometimes editing comes easy.

I did not think about it twice when I decided to let this white skirt by Beiza go.


Same for this Charlotte Russe tube top.

Love By Design black top, it was a gift and looks nice when worn
however I have to pull the sleeves up all the time to keep my bra strap
from showing and when layered I also have to tug on it, so away it goes.

I wore this My Michelle dress a few weeks ago, it is a hand me down.
I got quite a few comments on it as it reminded most of the dress
worn by Julia Roberts is Pretty Woman.
I love the dress, but it's not my size, I had to belt it in 
order to make it look right.
There is a tear in the fabric that someone skilled 
could mend, but that person is not me.


Also let go of a brand new Jones New York Dress, it had been in my closet for about 4 years new with tags - the length was odd, so I decided to pass it on.


Also with tags on a colorful Apostrophe skirt, never worn.
I always wanted to have it tailored but I never did - it's been in the closet for
over 5 years, so it also went in the bag.

In the shoe department my Soho Lab Skechers sneakers left.
I am actually surprised they lived in my closet for that long.
While I had intended to focus on shoes this month, it was not possible.
I have about 6 pairs under the radar right now, that could be sent to the 
give away bag any time soon, but for now it's just 7 items for April.

46 items YTD.

6 comments

drollgirl said...

the polka dot dress is SO CUTE! i just love it! and, yes, very reminiscent of pretty woman!

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

These are always my favorite posts of your. It is fun to see what you are editing out. The Skechers were cute.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

you keep things a long time like me. well out with the old and in with the new.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Witchcrafted Life said...

Great job on editing your closet - it's never the easiest or most straightforward of tasks is it? Plus, I swear, there's this weird force out there in the universe that makes a piece you've tried never really liked/worn much/didn't fit right out there that suddenly makes said garment look like it was tailor made for you when you try it on in the midst of a good closet weeding out session. I can't even begin to count how many times I've had that happen with clothes over the years. I've grown wise to this phenomenon though, and can be pretty darn ruthless when I edit now.

♥ Jessica

Lisa said...

Wow...you found lots of great wardrobe additions!

Anonymous said...

You're totally right, that's a Pretty Woman dress! This past week I edited a few things out of my closet and actually thought of how skilled you are at editing while I did it. ;)