Too much effort

I've had this printed trouser and top set for over 10 years.
The first time I wore it on the blog was back in 2010.
 
September 2, 2010
There has always been this very matchy-matchy feeling wearing it.
Not only did I feel it but many of you commented on the fact that
maybe it would look better if worn individually.
 

September 6, 2010

So, I tried wearing just the trousers and I
guess it was ok.


May 5, 2012
Then I forgot this existed for two whole years
and wore it again in 2012.
 

October 6, 2012
And I tried and I tried.
 
 
And I realized that it took too much effort to wear.
It always looked the same and I was never pleased
with the results, so I just quit and am letting this go.
 
I have a feeling this year I am gonna let a lot of things go.

5 comments

M mar said...

Bella! ;)
Besitos guapa!

Shybiker said...

Yes, you're right, it is an overload of busy design... but, it displays the classic feminine shape of your body so beautifully. Even as this fails as fashion, it succeeds as art. Perhaps we can put it in a museum on a mannequin with your exact measurements.

Truth be told, I dream about looking as good as you do in this.

ana said...

Me gusta como se ven los pantalones solos y este año vienen muy fuertes los pantalones estampados!

Kristen said...

I love the pants on you, the jacket a little less so. The outfit you wore in Sept 2010 with the yellow bag was very inspired, much more than just "ok".
But I totally understand when it feels like too much effort to try to make a piece work. No shame in getting rid of it!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

i like it separately. all together it's just too much.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/