Difficult garment


We all have clothes we do not wear that much.
There could be many reasons.
We don't know how to style it, it's too big, it shrunk, 
the color does not go with anything or needs special underwear.... 
you name it, I am sure you have at least ONE of those in your closet.

Blue skirt no brand - Lu by Lolita striped top - Yummy Tummy grey tank top - Zara blue suede shoes - Emilie M. mint bag 
I know I do. 
These are the items that do not get a lot of wear.
The ones I pull out and try on with different accessories - but then go back 
in the closet unworn.
This top is an example, it was a gift.
Boatneck too low, top is too long - but I love the stripes.
I am always forced to layer it which is not convenient for 
the weather I live in - here there is no winter, it's always hot.



So, yes, this is me once again trying to make that difficult garment work.
But, now that I have realized how difficult it is for me to style it, 
I have made the decision to let it go.
Clothes should be easy. 

Clothes should work for me, I should not be making them work ;)

15 comments

Kathya Stryzak said...

Buen dia..divina slipper ..preciosa!! besos Lore

Sheila said...

Could you wear the top backwards to that the scoop is in the back?

I hear ya - items that are hard to style/wear, what's the point of keeping them? It's so aggravating!

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I have many items like that in my closet but it so hard to let them go when there is something about them that appealed to you in the first place.

La Belle Demimondaine said...

If you love the top, you might consider cutting some of the length, and hemming it.

Or gift it to a friend or a charity. :)

Anonymous said...

Hm, I wonder what would happen if you knotted the long length of the tee...

Lisa said...

I have far too many items in my closet that will have to be leaving...

Shybiker said...

Yup, the neckline dips too low and that's a problem. I agree with you that clothing should be easy.

SewOm said...

Wait - you wore that top when you mixed stripes on 14 June. It looks fab over a button down. Does it really have to go?

Mica said...

Love the coloured stripe on the side of your skirt! :)

Shame the top does not work for you, best to let it go. I have too many items in my wardrobe I don't wear often, I really need to clean it out!

Anonymous said...

i love those stripes! don't forget to check out my $50 gift card giveaway!

Wardrobe Girls said...

i think it looks SO cute!!

xo,

wardrobe girls

www.wardrobesimetandliked.com

citizen rosebud said...

Amen, sister! Why do they insist on making low cut tops on everything, and where our boobs hang out? I am tired of making clothes work- I absolutely agree with you!

Emily said...

That's unfortunate about that top, because the stripes are so cute! Well, at least you styled it adorably one last time. Your shoes are particularly darling!

May the force be with you.
Emily

Jenava said...

I completely agree! And, I think these shoes are lovely and very flattering on your feet. I may need to consider a similar pair.

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

I agree with you. Clothes should work for you, not the other way around. Those shoes & purse are adorable. Too bad about the top. It is cute and i love stripes...