Dress with a story

I've owned this dress since I was about 10 years old.

Turquoise dress - Arena Milano grey bag - Lela Rose for Payless black peep toe shoes

It's made using a small stitching technique, a little like patchwork that
is usually done by local indians to dress the women in their group (here).
Image via


This one was hand made by my grandmother who is extremely
excited because I am wearing it over 20 years later.

She stored it in one of her many wooden trunks for years until
a few months ago I asked her if she still had it - happens she did.



I tried it on and it was tight on the arms and I could not pull it down.
A friend of hers worked her magic on it and now it fits.
(If you look closely you can see that the decoration on the sleeve and see extra fabric was added under the arms)
As you can only imagine, it seems I have not grown much 
since then :)



I think I can say that this is the oldest garment in my closet
that is mine that I still wear today.... 
How about you ?

12 comments

Kathya Stryzak said...

Boa tarde Lore!! que linda a cor do vestido..um amor!! beijos e boa quinta!!

Mom Fashion World said...

Oh, I adore your dress so much!

I stumbled across your blog. Nice blog you have.
Cared in following blogs via GFC?
Check out my blog, let me know if you like it, maybe
we can follow each other. Looking forward to see you there. Thanks!

http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com

Biba said...

I love your dress! And the story behind it, oh my, the dress is definitely a keeper!

Unknown said...

Hi Lorena, this a beautiful dress! the colors are wonderfull and the craftmanship is fabulous!

Ariane xxxx

Adriana said...

Your dress is so pretty! I love the bold colors =)

Melanie said...

What a cute dress - the colors are gorgeous on you!! How nice to have a garment with such a history. Not to mention how nice it is that you can still wear it!! Now that is impressive. :)

Patti said...

The best story of a dress ever! You look beautiful in it too.

Delane said...

I love the colors!

drollgirl said...

this dress is pretty frakking fabulous!

M mar said...

Que vestido tan bonito!!!

Kristen said...

I cannot believe you still fit in a dress from when you were a kid. That is AMAZING. And such a pretty dress!

Jenava said...

Oh, this is not only a beautiful dress, but also very special!

I am a little jealous...I certainly do not have something as old nor as special in my closet. (-: