Last night I had the opportunity to do one of the things on
that list and it sucked.
It was an Aerosmith concert.
I love Steven Tyler.
So, it took half a tank of gas to get there and back.
It took 2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic and I had to park
on outside the premises on a slope of dirt on a highway.
Then I had to walk on the highway by speeding trucks to get to
the concert (hey we are not a 3rd world country for nothing, we have earned it!)
So, we get to the stadium and it's not full - I mean there's people
but it's not what you'd expect for Aerosmith.
Anyways the band comes out.
They were on stage for about one hour and 40 minutes, sung 16 songs
and left. You know how the crowd always stays cheering wanting another song
and they come back ? Yeah, well that did not happen.
What did happen was:
- Steven Tyler's black bruise on his face was showing
- The crowd was asleep, it's like I don't know why the people there went,
they did not know the songs or even clap! (my friend fell asleep, for real)
- Steven pointed at a guy on the crowd because his arms were crossed and told him to get laid (i thought that was funny).
- People only sung to "I don't wanna miss a thing" and "Jamie`s got a gun"
- He started asking the crowd "What do you want us to sing ?" people did not answer.
-When band members were introduced, they were basically ignored.
- He cursed and cursed, it was obvious he was not happy.
He made an effort but just gave up.
He didn't sing Crazy, Jaded...
It was sad, I have a lot of respect for Steven Tyler in particular as a musician
and can only say that crowds make such a difference and this one sucked too.
SO, the concert is still on my list, last night's did not count.
Do you have a bucket list ?