Walk with me...

My car remains in the shop.
So, it was a good excuse to walk.
White tank/ Mix Sweater / White shorts Solutions / Gold sandals Follies / Neiman Marcus black tote
I am lucky that all the places I needed to get to
were within walking distances.
So, I thought I would take you with me for
the walk, would you like to join me ?

It was sunny as I walked out and headed
for some chinese fast food, which happens to be right
around the corner.
After lunch I headed for work.
I came across this tree, which was in full bloom.
It sits in a lot where a house use to stand, it has been torn down and
only the tree is left. A tree that I suspect will also be cut down soon.
I hate to even think of it.
I left work and began walking towards the hospital to visit my MIL.
I encountered a glorious home, the kind I like and wished
I lived in...
The kind I hate to see torn down and be replaced by ugly
corporate buildings that look like boxes or screws.
Some call it progress.


In my head it makes no sense.
 I refuse to call it progress,
 specially if this "progress"
stands right next to
a contaminated river that runs throught the city.






7 comments

LyddieGal said...

I always hate to see trees getting cut down as well. the worst!

glad the weather is nice enough to walk, love the silver sandals!

Chic on the Cheap

Anonymous said...

What beautiful views you have!

The tree reminds me of a gorgeous tree that used to be by my house. It was so large and had such an impact that we would tell people to turn off the highway 'by the big, beautiful tree' and they knew exactly where we meant. Sadly, they let it slowly die and eventually ripped it out a few months back, I suspect to put in a traffic light. I'm sure many think that's progress. :(

Jenava said...

I love your pictures of the old houses. So glamourous and beautiful.

Michelle Lee said...

love your shoes :)

drollgirl said...

i like your top!

and i hope that tree is going to be ok. ugh. urban sprawl is not very pretty. :[

Sheila said...

I hope the tree lasts - it's always so sad when one comes down.

Love seeing your walk. Those shoes are fabulous!

Bombshellicious said...

Love the walk, I hate trees getting cut down and old buildings being replaced xx