February's Closet Edits

Not many things left my closet during the month of February.
Some items are still in the "iffy" pile that seems to have more and
more garments each month.
This month I let go of:
- LULU mustard bag that had been falling apart 
- Pair of lilac Liz Claiborne sandals that had remained
in my closet for almost 4 years unworn.
- Black star pendant that I passed on to a friend after she complimented me on it - I had not worn in in almost 3 years.
- Lace dress that did not help my figure 
(lord you can even see my belly button!) nor my skin tone.
Also moved on to a better life a printed Charter Club top that my h's mom
gave to me, I just wasn't feeling it.


Finally, also leaving the closet a white eyelet dress from ABS.
Last time I wore it, I asked for your advice. 
I leave you with pictures of other things you suggested and I tried:
Belted                                      With a jacket 

With a tank top underneath      With a tshirt underneath   


I tried your suggestions only to convince myself 
that it DID need to go.




5 comments

Vanilla said...

Sometimes it'd best to say goodbye to certain items... but I really like that white dress on you :)

Love, Vanilla

Sheila said...

Good for you for making the decision to edit down pieces that just aren't working for you.

Anonymous said...

You're so good about getting rid of things that don't work for you, I really need to follow your example. Good call on getting rid of the lace dress, you're much too pretty for it!

Stacey said...

Yes, I need to follow your example and get rid of all those too small outfits that I have been hanging on to and those that aren't that flattering. It is hard for me to get rid of stuff I love even if they no longer fit or look that great on me :(
BTW:
The white dress is really cute!! :)

Emma said...

I have such a hard time getting rid of things in my closet. I have the bad luck of getting rid of something and then a year down the road wishing I had it again.